Can't see MacOS after clover 5100 update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z170X-UD3
CPU
intel
Hi
I was running with Sierra. I successfully installed windows10 on another SSD. I updated Clover to 5100 but now after reboot I only see the windows10 partition. Any clue ? Is it possible to revert Clover to a more ancien version or should I erase and start a fresh install (I have a copy of my Mac parttion). Thanks

Hi
I was running with Sierra. I successfully installed windows10 on another SSD. I updated Clover to 5100 but now after reboot I only see the windows10 partition. Any clue ? Is it possible to revert Clover to a more ancien version or should I erase and start a fresh install (I have a copy of my Mac parttion). Thanks
Similar problem, I was in High sierra updated Clover from 4359 to 5100. Now I have black screen after Clover boot. But i see Mac Partition.

I had the same problem after updating to Clover 5100 (and also previous versions). The problem on my system was that the "Upgrade" option did not upgrade all required drivers properly - the upgraded install was always missing some drivers - in my case the "Memory Fix" drivers. Thankfully I always have a working clover USB boot device handy so I was able to boot my Hackintosh SSD using that.

Afterwards, I fixed the Clover 5100 boot problem by running the Clover installer again on the SSD but this time I did not just "upgrade" the previously installed components but additionally checked the "OsxAptioFixDrv" to be installed. Once that was done the Clover on my SSD was able to find the SSD again and booted from it.

In your case(s) other drivers might be missing so you may have to experiment with it. The lesson that I learned from all this: always have a working and tested Clover USB drive handy before updating Clover.

Which brings me to my current problem: With Clover 5100 I'm currently unable to create such a bootable USB drive. Any ideas?!

Similar problem, I was in High sierra updated Clover from 4359 to 5100. Now I have black screen after Clover boot. But i see Mac Partition.

this is currently where I'm at! Any solutions?

After a lot of frustations, I have been successful but I had to make a USB key with Clover 4343 and reinstall Sierra. I was not able to do the same procedure with High Sierra (and its specific Unibeast) but everything works using Sierra and its specific Unibeast.

I recently upgraded a backup Sierra installation directly to Catalina using Apple's updater (all started with Clover 5100). The upgrade went very smoolthy except for the "black screen issue" that was also reported here. In my case it turned out to be related to DisplayPort (I have an Apple CinemaDisplay connected using Mini DisplayPort). As soon as I connected an HDMI monitor I was able to use the system without problems. Now I just have to figure out how to get DisplayPort working (again)...

this is currently where I'm at! Any solutions?
You have to follow this!

I don't know why I was unable to do LS command like they said.

But I've manage a workaround, mounting the efi partition of the mac, on my windows partition, remove the broken clover folder, and replace it with the one saved in the clover backup folder on the root of your mac.

Then after being able to boot again I re-do the clover update but this time i put the check on the file needed to prevent the black screen. You find all in the link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back