GTX 970 GALAX
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi!

I installed drivers (341.01.03) from the official site and chose "Nvidia Web Driver" in SysPreferences but when I reboot it returns back to OS X default drivers.
My videocard is not initially supported in Yosemite. I can use only OS X default drivers and highest resolution I can set is 1024x768.

Most likely, I am doing smth wrong, so please explain step-by-step.
Also I coudn't install Clover on HD, I boot from the usb drive - maybe it's the reason why it returns back to default driver?

Thanks in advance.

Hi!

I installed drivers (341.01.03) from the official site and chose "Nvidia Web Driver" in SysPreferences but when I reboot it returns back to OS X default drivers.
My videocard is not initially supported in Yosemite. I can use only OS X default drivers and highest resolution I can set is 1024x768.

Most likely, I am doing smth wrong, so please explain step-by-step.
Also I coudn't install Clover on HD, I boot from the usb drive - maybe it's the reason why it returns back to default driver?

Thanks in advance.

the option in system preferences is just cosmetic. You have to use the boot flag nvda_drv=1 to use the drivers. Even with the flag it will still say you are using the default drivers but you are not.

the option in system preferences is just cosmetic. You have to use the boot flag nvda_drv=1 to use the drivers. Even with the flag it will still say you are using the default drivers but you are not.

I forgot to say, when I use nvda_drv=1 it crashes on the loading and automatically reboots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back