CPU
i5-2500 3.30
Graphics
GTX 970 GALAX
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hi!

I installed drivers (341.01.03) from the official site and chose "Nvidia Web Driver" in SysPreferences but when I reboot it returns back to OS X default drivers.
My videocard is not initially supported in Yosemite. I can use only OS X default drivers and highest resolution I can set is 1024x768.

Most likely, I am doing smth wrong, so please explain step-by-step.
Also I coudn't install Clover on HD, I boot from the usb drive - maybe it's the reason why it returns back to default driver?

Thanks in advance.

slim.jim

Motherboard
MSI Z97 Gaming 9 AC
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi!

I installed drivers (341.01.03) from the official site and chose "Nvidia Web Driver" in SysPreferences but when I reboot it returns back to OS X default drivers.
My videocard is not initially supported in Yosemite. I can use only OS X default drivers and highest resolution I can set is 1024x768.

Most likely, I am doing smth wrong, so please explain step-by-step.
Also I coudn't install Clover on HD, I boot from the usb drive - maybe it's the reason why it returns back to default driver?

Thanks in advance.

the option in system preferences is just cosmetic. You have to use the boot flag nvda_drv=1 to use the drivers. Even with the flag it will still say you are using the default drivers but you are not.

Motherboard
ASUS P8H67-V BIOS 3707
CPU
i5-2500 3.30
Graphics
GTX 970 GALAX
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
the option in system preferences is just cosmetic. You have to use the boot flag nvda_drv=1 to use the drivers. Even with the flag it will still say you are using the default drivers but you are not.

I forgot to say, when I use nvda_drv=1 it crashes on the loading and automatically reboots.

slim.jim

Motherboard
MSI Z97 Gaming 9 AC
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone