Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370n Wifi
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
GTX 1050
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
So I finally got most of it to work. I ran MultiBeast and installed a bunch of stuff. Then I downloaded the Nvidia Web Drivers. Here's the problem: When I click "restart" the computer, it restarts to Clover before it loads the OS... this I think hinders the drivers realizing that the computer was restarted.

So, I can't activate my graphics drivers because every time I start up the OS it has chosen the "OS X default graphics" instead of the "Nvidia Graphics".

My audio doesn't work either, so not sure if MultiBeast worked correctly.

I am running iMac 17 as system definition, should I change it to Mac Pro 3.1?

So I finally got most of it to work. I ran MultiBeast and installed a bunch of stuff. Then I downloaded the Nvidia Web Drivers. Here's the problem: When I click "restart" the computer, it restarts to Clover before it loads the OS... this I think hinders the drivers realizing that the computer was restarted.

So, I can't activate my graphics drivers because every time I start up the OS it has chosen the "OS X default graphics" instead of the "Nvidia Graphics".

My audio doesn't work either, so not sure if MultiBeast worked correctly.

I am running iMac 17 as system definition, should I change it to Mac Pro 3.1?
Open the nVidia control panel in Preferences - set nVidia drivers.
Open config.plist in xcode, other plist editor or Clover configurator. Add nvda_drv=1 to boot-args, save.
Reboot.

Thanks. Only worked with MacPro 3.1 though and not iMac 17.1. But it's working so I'm OK with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back