Contribute
Register

Can't remove Windows Boot Manager from BIOS boot options

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just tried your suggestion of resetting the BIOS and setting to Legacy only and it's still there. I tried both just loading optimized defaults and actually pressing the reset CMOS button, but still no luck.

When I select the Windows Boot Manager from the boot options list it eventually just goes to Chameleon. There's not actually any Windows Boot Manager on the drive.

There must be some way to set your priority boot device to something other than "Windows Boot Manager." For many BIOSes you cannot "remove" the Windows Boot Manager option, although my understanding is this means "UEFI boot to Windows" for which you would think disabling UEFI would have it not presented.

Why do you care to delete it? What does it matter as long as your machine boots into Chimera?

Oh, I'm able to do that. Priority is given to my SSD partition with OS X. I just thought that there's something wrong because Windows Boot Manager still shows in the list, even if I set it to Legacy only. So I wanted to delete it just so I know everything is working right. But if it's not removable I guess there's nothing I can do. Thanks for the help.

Oh, I'm able to do that. Priority is given to my SSD partition with OS X. I just thought that there's something wrong because Windows Boot Manager still shows in the list, even if I set it to Legacy only. So I wanted to delete it just so I know everything is working right. But if it's not removable I guess there's nothing I can do. Thanks for the help.

Flash the BIOS

Too long ago to remember and I don't have that computer anymore. I probably just re-flashed the current BIOS on top of itself, assuming I was already on the latest BIOS version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back