Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI X-58 Platinum -Gaming (Bios v3.9) / Clover v2.3 rev 3899
CPU
i7-920
Graphics
Nvidia (EVGA) Geforce GTX 260
[UPDATE: To fix the problem below, and ultimately I had to reformat the hard drive and reinstall El Capitan to remove the problem arg. It was gone when I reformatted and reinstalled, so whatever was causing it was definitely something that got stuck to that installation, and I have no idea how it happened.]
--------------
For the life of me, suddenly tonight I cannot seem to remove nvda_drv=1 from boot arguments in Clover. I'm guessing it happened somewhere after I installed the latest Nvidia drivers and set that argument to see it would finally start with the Nvidia driver (nope!).. Now I can't seem to delete that from the boot args.

So far, I've booted from an existing working ML installation and used Clover Configurator to uncheck the option in config.plist on the EFI partition for the HDD in question, only to realize when Clover booted it was still there. Checking config.plist again it's definite not in there, and I then checked every config.plist anywhere to be sure it wasn't checked in them. So it's stuck in there from somewhere else I guess.

[Update:] On double-checking, it seems to specifically be something stuck in the Clover options on the HDD. I unplugged every drive and booted with just the USB, and the USB does not have in in there. But with the HDD, if I spacebar on the drive and uncheck it in the list of check boxes and delete it from the list of arguments at the top, and uncheck it under Options->'Graphics Injector'->(checkbox for web drivers), it stays gone in that last spot, but it reappears in the list of 'Boot Args' at the top. So anytime I try to boot the HDD, whether from the USB or directly, it loads nvda-drv=1, and the system reboots.

Fwiw, I did go under "Clover Boot Options" and tried 'Remove all Clover boot options' hoping that might get whatever I'm missing, but it's still there.

So, anyone know what I did that stuck this in there and what I need to do to regain the ability to edit these Clover options?

Thanks..

Last edited:
It's the Nvidia web driver that writes nvda_drv=1 to NVRAM.
In the Nvidia panel set the driver to OS X Default Driver will remove nvda_drv=1 from NVRAM.

If that does not work check this post to remove it from nvram through terminal.

It's the Nvidia web driver that writes nvda_drv=1 to NVRAM.
In the Nvidia panel set the driver to OS X Default Driver will remove nvda_drv=1 from NVRAM.

If that does not work check this post to remove it from nvram through terminal.

I have the same problem,i try to install 10.12 with U Disk,but it always have an error.The errorInfo have a parameter nvda_drv=1,but i didn't put it in config.plist.can you help me?

I have the same problem,i try to install 10.12 with U Disk,but it always have an error.The errorInfo have a parameter nvda_drv=1,but i didn't put it in config.plist.can you help me?
Try to boot with Nvidia drivers disabled.
At Clover Boot Screen press space bar and select Set Nvidia to VESA (nv_disable=1)

Try to boot with Nvidia drivers disabled.
At Clover Boot Screen press space bar and select Set Nvidia to VESA (nv_disable=1)

I've tried your way,but it didn't work .
At Clover Boot Screen press space bar,nv_disable=1 and nvda_drv=1 were both selected,I cancelled this option(nvda_drv=1 ),but when the guide is still wrong,in the error information,i find that nvda_drv=1 is still in startup parameter.
Somebody solved this problem with change SMBios ,i tried this way ,but it still didn't work.I suspect there is a problem with my EFI profile,but i don't know where is wrong.

This problem is solved by upgrading BIOS

Last edited:
I'm bringing my two cents to this (very little) issue:
It's very easy to get rid of it!
=> THE solution : use Clover Configurator (no need to mount EFI or to load a config.plist), go to /TOOLS/NVRAM/NVRAM emulation, check Store nvram.plist.
Then go and edit the file /nvram.plist and change <string>nvda_drv=1</string>
to <string></string> :headbang:
(of course, if you see other arguments there, leave them alone!)

Afterwords: I think this happened to me after installing Nvidia webdrivers and then uninstalling them (when I realized I was using a pc without a Nvidia card in it... :mrgreen: )

Another solution is resetting NVRAM with Clover F11 option. It's pretty easy, because all you have to do is to press F11 key and done. The computer will restart and ''nvda_drv=1'' option will be gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back