Motherboard
Lenovo Y50-70
CPU
i7 4720hq
Graphics
Gtx960m
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
I m noob in hackintosh world! so I ll try my best to explain the situation!
I ve installed the NvidiaWebdriver for my 10.12.6 (16G29) and followed the instructions to make it work but the Nvidia was not recognised no matter what I did!
So I uninstalled the driver to install it again later! But now I can not install it at all Not from terminal too. I ve used
bash <(curl -s https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Benjamin-Dobell/nvidia-update/master/nvidia-update.sh)

Uninstalling previous drivers...

installer: Package name is NVUninstall

installer: Installing at base path /

installer: The install was successful.

Installing new drivers...

installer: Package name is NVIDIA Web Driver 378.05.05.25f01

installer: Upgrading at base path /

installer: The upgrade failed (The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.)

Any help would be much appreciated
Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• nvstop.png
    nvstop.png
    68 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:
I m noob in hackintosh world! so I ll try my best to explain the situation!
I ve installed the NvidiaWebdriver for my 10.12.6 (16G29) and followed the instructions to make it work but the Nvidia was not recognised no matter what I did!
So I uninstalled the driver to install it again later! But now I can not install it at all Not from terminal too

Any help would be much appreciated
Thank you in advance!
As per rules, please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

What I ve found is that the uninstall was not successful !
and when I try to open it I get:

Please try again or re-install the NVIDIA Web Driver package from the NVIDIA website.

Any advice on how can I uninstall it?

Attachments

• system preferences.png
    system preferences.png
    144.2 KB · Views: 186
What I ve found is that the uninstall was not successful !
and when I try to open it I get:

Please try again or re-install the NVIDIA Web Driver package from the NVIDIA website.

Any advice on how can I uninstall it?
your laptop has a guide:

not sure why you installed nvidia as it is most likely not supported

I ve had it in the past ! But because the driver was not good enough!( to low frame rate) i ve uninstalled everything and make a partition for Ubuntu! There the result was way much better But as soon new drivers come around i had to try to reinstall it! so i did! And the driver was not working.. the rest is as descibed..

I ve had it in the past ! But because the driver was not good enough!( to low frame rate) i ve uninstalled everything and make a partition for Ubuntu! There the result was way much better But as soon new drivers come around i had to try to reinstall it! so i did! And the driver was not working.. the rest is as descibed..
if your laptop is "optimus" then it is not supported and only your intel graphics will work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back