Contribute
Register

Can't refresh rate 60 hz on 4k

Status
Not open for further replies.
You would to my mind be better served purchasing a CPU that has a compatible IGPU, Series-10 CPU's work Ok. 11-series & 12-series CPU's don't and probably never will be 100% compatible with macOS. I doubt Apple will ever release a system with either of those Intel CPU's.

Why purchase an item that you know has problems, when the most logical and simplest answer is to purchase and use a compatible system?

You would be better served spending the extra money the 12-series board and CPU would cost, on a better/higher rated discrete GPU from AMD's RX 5000 or RX 6000 series.

Better yet, buy a real Mac. With the cost of new components especially dGPU's you could probably buy a reasonably high end iMac for the same price.

But that is just my opinion.

I have iphone, macbook, ipad, iwatch, i... many things.

And on desktop it needs windows sometimes, other times linux, and other times macos, needs to change components, play a good videogame, change the size of the screen, sound system ...

I love apple products, apple design, etcetera.
But they have a hard problem, closing his compatibility, and the extrem prizes for fixed memory and ram.
At the same prize I prefer a hack'ed one, instead of his beautifull design, I prefer freedom.

Hope standars industry tech companies agree to build modular designs, and reparable with standard products.

I try to extend the life of my "things" as much as i can, so if I have to buy something I try to buy the best I can afford, just to extend it's life.

This computer has now 10 years, works perfect and is going directly to second hand selling, to another buyer less exigent for almost another 10 years. Intel's 12 generation is a big jump over 10th and 11th.

For me now Alders Lake & dGPU is the solution!

For me now Alders Lake & dGPU is the solution!
Suit yourself. Just remember that Alder Lake (and any future Intel platform) is NOT, and will NOT be, supported on MacOS now or in the future. If you need MacOS for whatever purpose, eventually you will need to go Apple Silicon.

Yes, you may be able to make MacOS work on an Alder Lake system NOW if you use a supported AMD graphics card and invest enough effort to do so. But that is only for the current MacOS. Future MacOS versions (if there are any) may not even work properly as Apple has no obligation to make it work on unsupported systems. You may have to invest considerable efforts to make it work again. Other software you may use may also have compatibility problems.

And speaking of future MacOS versions, the end of Intel MacOS builds may be coming sooner than you think. My own guess (wild speculation only) is that we may see the last Intel MacOS released in 2022 and then there will be only Apple Silicon builds going forward.

I have paid 1500€ for a macbook pro like 5 years ago, and I can't install a new macOS on it, 'cos the battery drains, and it heats fast, etc. So I'm still on Mojave it.
I have paid 1200€ for an iphone one year ago, and every update I make on ios, the battery drains, and the telephone becomes slower...

So, whatever you do, you have to pay the prize. And the name is planned obsolescence. Or just they only work on selling "the new thing" and force the customer to buy another "new thing".
Only three years of support for macOS versions... not too much taking in account, that you have to sell a kidney to buy one.

People buying a new mac every year, that's not normal. A long topic this...

And you know... there will be always forms of playing games, is just a cuestion of time, that every macOS is going to work on intel, look "amd". Promise, nothing is more appeal than "being forbidden", and why all dev os apps, has free versions!?

I have paid 1500€ for a macbook pro like 5 years ago, and I can't install a new macOS on it, 'cos the battery drains, and it heats fast, etc. So I'm still on Mojave it.
I have paid 1200€ for an iphone one year ago, and every update I make on ios, the battery drains, and the telephone becomes slower...

So, whatever you do, you have to pay the prize. And the name is planned obsolescence. Or just they only work on selling "the new thing" and force the customer to buy another "new thing".
Only three years of support for macOS versions... not too much taking in account, that you have to sell a kidney to buy one.

People buying a new mac every year, that's not normal. A long topic this...

And you know... there will be always forms of playing games, is just a cuestion of time, that every macOS is going to work on intel, look "amd". Promise, nothing is more appeal than "being forbidden", and why all dev os apps, has free versions!?

I had the same issue suddenly on all displayports (HDMI was still with odd resolution but could get 60hz). For me it was because I had turned on Super Resolution in Windows (yes it somehow stayed for OSX Monterey). Once I turned it off, I got 60hz and my monitor profile wasn’t wierd with 5120x2880ish when its standard 4k.

Super resolution lets my Windows go higher then native 4k..like 5120x2880 max.

I’m on an AMD card, so probably a long shot

I am not using Opencore for windows, so no ACPI injection. Anyways, I dont have this super resolution on windows, just the normal 4k.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back