Graphics
7970 Ghz
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I've got my Hackintosh almost fully working now, Mavericks via Unibeast.

The only issue I'm having is that I can't access (as in read or write) certain hard drives from within OSX at all.

These are drives formatted as NTFS in Windows 7, consisting of GUID & MBR I think.

I don't understand what's causing this though, as all the drives are working fine, I have paragon NTFS installed, some of my hard drives (both ntfs and fat32) are accessed fine, but just not 2 or 3 of them.

My motherboard is a GIGABYTE Z77-D3H on F21 uefi.

trying to mount the disks in disk utility does nothing, the mount button instantly reverts back after being clicked. Using restore in the terminal gives an error saying that MBR partitions were found on the drive.

Any ideas or tips? :)

Cheers in advance,
Luke

If you swap the non readable drives with the ones that you can access are you able to read and write to those and then alternately not the others. Reason for Question is that many motherboard manufacturers use a certain controllers for one chipset and one for another.

Hi Wildwillow,

Unfortunately the problem persists when switching the hard drives around.

Any other ideas? :)

Thanks for the response!

I had that recently with Paragon - Switched to Tuxera NTFS - Fixed
Uninstalled paragon, installed tuxera, restarted, same issue unfortunately :(

The drives won't even mount in disk manager.

Could it be a block size issue?

Hmmm that's strange.

Do you have an external enclosure you can put them in to see if they are seen via USB? Not sure what to do after that yet, but would rule out block size I guess.

Does this drive have Windows on or anything? As in, do you KNOW it works outside of OSX?

One (Incredibly risky) option could be booting with unibeast with the ntfs drive as master, then running the command for boot0 error to fix the block issue, then exiting out without reformatting. I don't even know if that can be done, or what could go wrong, but could be an option if you were willing to take the risk?

Other than that, I'm not sure what else you could try, sorry.

Hi Wildwillow,

Unfortunately the problem persists when switching the hard drives around.

Any other ideas? :)

Thanks for the response!

I would take a look at the difference between the drives that Mount and the ones that don't. What drives are you finding this issue with and which format are they, i respect that you are using multi format software. Just curious why these drives are not playing nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back