Contribute
Register

Can't reach the install screen

A

Absyss

I couldn't let i go and just stop with trying to get Yosemite on my system and now i am trying it again (not going to give up). I gave myself a break because booting the installation only gave me a instant reboot after the apple logo, and with verbose mode a row of plus symbols.

I saw in my Snow Leopard installation it only recognized 2.32 GB RAM with 2 RAM Sticks of 4GB, and Yosemite needs a minimum of 4GB i think.
So purchased 2 extra sticks of the same RAM i have (G.Skill Ripjaws 1600mhz).

When i put in the extra 2 sticks of 4GB RAM, Snow Leopard recognized it as 4GB of RAM.
(So 16GB physical RAM = 4GB of RAM in Snow Leopard, yeah...)
After that i thought i can finally start with the installation of Yosemite.

When i tried to start the installation of Yosemite i didn't get the row of plus symbols anymore (i think it has a weird connection to the RAM), but still got a instant reboot....

I read the installation guide a few times, did the unibeast installation with unibeast 6.2.0,
changed the kext files, used a Nvidia config.plist and used Clover Configurator as the the final touch. And still after all that it won't work.

But i got some interesting text on my screen when booting with a few commands so it wont reboot on kernel panics and let text stay on screen. and i saw that the kernel panic was caused by my CPU, but i don't know what to do with it.

I will attach a photo with the kernel panic. If someone can help me understand what the problem is or can push me a little bit into the good direction, i will be forever grateful.

Thanks in advance
PS: i get the same error without the bootargs in the picture with the kernel panic, i was just trying a few things.

EDIT: Forgot to add the specs of my PC, sorry about that.
MSI X58A-GD65
MSI Geforce N210
Intel i7 960, 4 cores, 3.20 Ghz
4x G.Skill Ripjaws 4GB, 1600Mhz
450Watt MSTech PSU
128GB SSD (there is no brand indicated on the SSD, its from a HP Elitebook)
320GB Hitachi Hard drive (I am using this as the installer instead of a USB (USB works terrible))
And a last a simple CD/DVD Rom Player/Burner...

I hope this is enough information to understand my problem, and for knowing what build i use to make a Mac with.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Motherboard
OEM AMIBIOS H81
CPU
Pentium G3250 aka G3258
Graphics
Geforce GT 320
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS,
What bootflags do you use? i'm having problem with boot process getting stuck at some point, but i didn't understand does it get stuck when it gives that row of + signs? or just reboots. Mine gets stuck at "Ack PM Done" and it sits there forever

A

Absyss

What bootflags do you use? i'm having problem with boot process getting stuck at some point, but i didn't understand does it get stuck when it gives that row of + signs? or just reboots. Mine gets stuck at "Ack PM Done" and it sits there forever
At the moment i used all bootflags, no succes. Before the RAM expansion and using the latest clover and configurator, it got stuck on a row of plus signs and then my system reboots, didn't get any feedback at all just the that row of plus signs. It happens after the screen with the Apple logo when it wants to boot to the installation. But now after i put more RAM in my machine and used the latest version of Clover bootable USB maker and the Configurator, i get a kernel panic because of something with my CPU and then it reboots (pictures are included in my first post).

The kernel panic is only visible with a few bootflags to keep my system from rebooting at a kernel panic and -v to see the error.

Motherboard
OEM AMIBIOS H81
CPU
Pentium G3250 aka G3258
Graphics
Geforce GT 320
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS,
At the moment i used all bootflags, no succes. Before the RAM expansion and using the latest clover and configurator, it got stuck on a row of plus signs and then my system reboots, didn't get any feedback at all just the that row of plus signs. It happens after the screen with the Apple logo when it wants to boot to the installation. But now after i put more RAM in my machine and used the latest version of Clover bootable USB maker and the Configurator, i get a kernel panic because of something with my CPU and then it reboots (pictures are included in my first post).

The kernel panic is only visible with a few bootflags to keep my system from rebooting at a kernel panic and -v to see the error.
well, thats strange.. i wish so much that somebody could help you to get it work :)