Contribute
Register

Can't reach installer via unibeast/clover: This version of Mac OS unavailable on current platform

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170X-UD3
CPU
Skylake i5-6600k
Graphics
GTX 1060 3GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hello!

New builder here, trying to follow multiple guides to create a customac pro. I'm stuck though on the first steps, I can't get the mac installer to work! I've tried nearly everything I could find, but nothing is able to get me past the error "Mac OS is unavailable on your platform" (just an apple prohibited symbol when not in verbose mode). Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Unibeast came with multiple folders of kexts included, but i don't know if i need to move or delete them for the kext to be read/utilized properly. Please assume based on my inexperience that i've installed no kexts, patches, drivers, etc except what i've screencapped below. Thank you!

The Build:
z170x ud3
i5 6600k
Gigabyte F21 Bios/uefi (unclear which it is)
intel hd 530 (i have a gtx 1060 which will be used for a dual-boot build if i get the customer off the ground. it is currently installed on the mobo.)
micron m600 ssd (not formatted/in original manufacturer formatting)
2 x seagate barracudas (satas were unplugged. not formatted/in original manufacturer formatting)
corsair vengeance 16gb RAM @ 3200
SY-PEX30016 firewire card (currently installed on the mobo)

the usb stick:
128 gb usb3 stick (used in usb 2 slot)
OSX Version: 10.11.6 (from mid-2012 macbook pro)
clover refi mode in unibeast setup
no graphic inject in unibeast setup
SMBios set to imac 17,1 (its been suggested i change this to 14,2, but I'm not sure why. As far as I know, 14,2 is an ivy bridge mac, and 17,1 is a skylake mac that runs el capitan)

supporting documents:
the error in question
bios settings
last build of my clover folder in usb's efi partition
my config plist
how my SMBIOS is configured

Additional notes: unibeast installed clover with kexts already included, and clover configurator (I'm using classic version) opened up on my refi with 2 kextpatches already listed, much to my confusion.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Build:
z170x ud3
i5 6600k
Gigabyte F21 Bios/uefi (unclear which it is)
intel hd 530 (i have a gtx 1060 which will be used for a dual-boot build if i get the customer off the ground. it is currently installed on the mobo.)
micron m600 ssd (not formatted/in original manufacturer formatting)
2 x seagate barracudas (satas were unplugged. not formatted/in original manufacturer formatting)
corsair vengeance 16gb RAM @ 3200
SY-PEX30016 firewire card (currently installed on the mobo)

[...]

SMBios set to imac 17,1 (its been suggested i change this to 14,2, but I'm not sure why. As far as I know, 14,2 is an ivy bridge mac, and 17,1 is a skylake mac that runs el capitan)

i've since removed the GTX 1060 and my firewire card, and switch my smbios to 14,2 with no success. i was not able to edit my original post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back