Contribute
Register

Can't reach installer, Restarts after loading kexts

Status
Not open for further replies.
basically i boot up, select the usb drive (or boot partition) it provides me with the boot loader and then it scrolls all the kexts, followed by a restart.

Had the very same problem on an AsRock G41M-VS3, playing a bit on the bios seemed to have fixed it.
Reading this thread I updated my bios to the lastest version, I loaded opimized settings and after changed the following:
ACPI HPET Table - set to ENABLED
No-Execute Memory Protection - set to ENABLED
Was able to boot into the installation and am installing now - will report later on how far I got. Had Lion 10.7.2 before and no problem booting whatsoever

EDIT: Finished installing as described above, booted into ML via USB, installed MultiBeast and was able to boot into ML from HDD - however ML runs very very unstable and I am back on 10.7. for now

Hello!

I read this thread and saw that i have to update my bios to make ML working. I updated it to Version 1.70 (= newest) from the Asrock-Website, changed the settings as dixton76 said (thanx 2 you). Than i installed ML WITHOUT ANY BOOTFLAGS! Now its installed on my System:

G41M-VS3 R2.0 (Same as dixton)
Core 2 Duo E6750 @ 2.66GHz
ATI Radeon 5450 with 512MB

It is working without any lags, fully stable!! :D:D
I am wondering about that because its an older Processor than dixton76, isnt it? Why is it working smoothly and stable and with the E7500 not? That is crazy, im new to the hackintosh-scene, but i think that this is not normal. Anyways, I had no freezes, lags, etc. Everything runs smoothly and fast and that is great, I'm very happy about that because its my very first hackintosh.

Just want to say this.

Hey,
thanks konsti453 for your post, for sure motivates me to try again! I basically gave up quickly because I really have to work a lot right now (so not much time in my hands and I need a working machine). My processor should be newer, but there is other things to pay attention to (e.g. bootloader, kexts, dsdt settings and so on). Also our graphics card differs, even though mine has also been reported to work. Anyway, I might try again this weekend & will give a more detailed description if I succeed.

EDIT: Finally, my mac runs very smoothly with the settings described above. Somehow, my CMOS ratio got set to 6 (should be 11) when I played with the Bios, so I was running at 1,6 GHZ instead of 2,93 and did not notice. Switching back to Lion I did not notice much lack of speed for the usual tasks like browsing, emailing and such either. When - for the more CPU heavy work - also Lion started to work slowly I noticed my mistake. Now, weeks after changing back my CPU to full power I gave ML another try and everything works nicely, lol

You are a god send

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back