1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Ok here are my specs,

AsRock G31m-GS
Core2Quad q8300 2.5ghz
Nvidia 550Ti (or ATI 5750)
4gb ram

ok so i have had successful no hassle installs of mac on this system 10.5 - 10.6 - 10.7 all ran like a dream with barely any tweaking needed.. but now im hitting a wall with 10.8, i have built the usb (i also used extra internal drives i have to run the installation from, this is usually faster than usb too so i've always kept a 10gb partition on a separate drive with the OS installation just incase something went wrong lol) but i can't get past the kext loading stage.. i have seen a few people on this forum recently have the same problem (a few had ASRock motherboards which made me think its something to do with that)

basically i boot up, select the usb drive (or boot partition) it provides me with the boot loader and then it scrolls all the kexts, followed by a restart.

heres what i have tried to fix it..

have tried unplugging all usb device and the graphics card and only using 1 hdd plugged in and onboard gpu = no success
have tried PCIRootUID=0/1 = no success
have tried all the usual flags GraphicsEnabler=No/Yes npci=0x3000 = no success
have tried updating chameleon to 1.11.0 = no success
have tried tweaking bios settings, turning off things like audio lan and checked it all thoroughly to make sure there were no settings that could be causing it to restart

i also have the correct Bios for my motherboard.

i have tried installing from my hdd onto another computer and it gets past the kext stage so its not the boot medium thats crashing its something on my computer but im at a loss to what it could be, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.

Spike.

Hi, I have that Problem too and use an Asrock Board also.

Do you have tried both of your graphics cards? ... the last Information I got is that there may be an Issue with unsupported cards.
Do you know explicit that one of your cards is ML compatible ?

Grrr, where the heck is the Problem :)

yeh i have tried both my cards plus the onboard with no success, also i just finished testing on my girlfriends computer with my 550Ti installed and it got past the kext stage, plus i've seen other users with the 550Ti get it installed so its cant be the graphics card causing the problem, its frustrating cause theres no error to read to try investigate the problem lol

The same here, with an Asrock board. I have a GTX 560ti and i've read it's worked for others oob. I also tried a GTX 460, which others have working oob and no go. There has to be something related to the board/bios causing the issue. Like spikemay, i have tried changing almost all the options in the bios. I have read on these forums of one user with an Asrock being able to install after a bios update. I'd rather avoid that if i can.

i also run into this issue with a different board and video card (nVidia 9500 GT) to my knowledge the card works fine in ML from what i read so we all have another issue somewhere

i just did another test, my girlfriends computer boots the installation up just fine, so i took her gt220 and placed it in my computer and it still restarts after loading the kexts, this shows that its not the graphics cards causing the problem, it has to be something else.

Oh Man...

Ok, it really seems to be an ASRock specific Issue, normally i like ASRock :(
Sadly there is no BIOS Update for my Board anymore... I think we have to wait for some Code Ninja to create a custom BIOS or another Solution for that.

edit//: @Justin, yo don't use an ASRock Board?, which one are you using?

Same Problem here, asrock p45de, core2duo e7500, NVIDIA 8600

im using an old board i had around for my build and its a PCChips P53G has been running Lion with no Issues for almost a year now

I have an ASRock G41M-VS3 working with ML, I had the same rebooting issue until I remembered to enable HPET in BIOS. It should be in the ACPI settings as "ACPI HPET Table", set it to Enabled and I was good to go. My 560Ti required GraphicsEnabler=Yes npci=0x2000 as well, but after that it booted with no issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back