Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS TUF Gaming Plus WiFi
CPU
Intel Core i7 10700K
Graphics
Sapphire Nitro+ 5700 XT
Hello there!

I'm new to this whole thing, so bare with me here. I'm in the process of attempting to install Catalina on my machine, making it capable of dual-booting either Windows or MacOS. I followed all of the installation instructions to the letter, but for some reason after I select the external Catalina drive in Clover, I get stuck on the Apple logo.

Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Plus Wifi
CPU: i7 10700k
GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ 5700 XT
RAM: 64GB Ripjaws V 3200MHz

I'm aware that the 10700k is not technically supported by tonymacx86 yet and is essentially in the testing phase of things right now, but it seems multiple people have had success with their systems on the same CPU. Could it be that I'm using Clover rather than OpenCore? Or maybe I need to clear the boot keys from bios?

Here's a screenshot of what I get in verbose mode:
20200710_154756.jpg

I'm booting from a 500GB SanDisk USB SSD that I partitioned in order to work with UniBeast, and I tried all the other ports on my computer. Safe mode also hangs.

Thanks!

When going through the Clover installation in the "Installation Type" phase, did you select "AptioMemoryFix" in "UEFI Drivers"? If so, go to your EFI -> Clover -> drivers64UEFI and delete AptioMemoryFix and replace it with OsxAptioFix3Drv and give it a go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back