Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Cant reach installer, clover reboots. Help needed :-) ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F, 9700K Integrated graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have the option in the bios to turn on multimonitor?

I have IGPU Multi Monitor and I've tried turning it on but nothing changed. Also the BIOS explanation for this setting mentions something that is not related to my issue:
Screenshot 2020-07-24 at 17.51.39.png

I have IGPU Multi Monitor and I've tried turning it on but nothing changed. Also the BIOS explanation for this setting mentions something that is not related to my issue:
View attachment 481577
Asus is talking about Windows or maybe Linux. There are a lot of possible reasons your HDMI output isn't working. It could be as simple as swapping cables or in some cases monitors. You may also need to tweak your graphic port configuration and I can send you a link on how to do that if you like.

Asus is talking about Windows or maybe Linux. There are a lot of possible reasons your HDMI output isn't working. It could be as simple as swapping cables or in some cases monitors. You may also need to tweak your graphic port configuration and I can send you a link on how to do that if you like.
Sure, sounds good!

Sure, sounds good!

Here are recommended bios settings for the "i"

Bios Configuration

Plug your monitor into your video cards DisplayPort to avoid graphics issues. You can use HDMI if it's all you have
Start your machine and use 1 of these methods to get onto BIOS during boot:

a) Rapidly tap the delete key
b) Rapidly tap the F2 key (some keyboards may need to have the Function key held down)
c) Press and hold the Function key while rapidly tapping the Backspace key

Check the BIOS version and update it if it is not the latest one
If you have previously set your BIOS, it would be best to do a CMOS reset by shorting the 2 pins on the front left corner of your motherboard. Please se instructions for complete details
In the main screen middle left, set X.M.P. to Enabled
Advanced Items > CPU Configuration > Intel (VMX) Virtualization Technology > Enable - Absolutely required for Parallels
Advanced Items > System Agent (SA) Graphics Configuration > Primary Display > PEG for DGPU, CPU for IGPU
Advanced Items > System Agent (SA) Graphics Configuration > IGPU Multi-Monitor > Enabled for DGPU, Disabled for IGPU
Save and reboot to activate the RC6 and DVMT settings
Advanced Items > System Agent (SA) Graphics Configuration > RC6(Render Standby) > Off - This settings disables a power saving feature that could potentially crash the system
Advanced Items > System Agent (SA) Configuration > Above 4G Decoding > Enable
Advanced Items > System Agent (SA) Graphics Configuration > DVMT Pre-Allocated > 128
Advanced Items > USB Configuration > Legacy USB Support > Disabled
Advanced Items > USB Configuration > XHCI Hand Off > Enabled
Boot Menu > Boot Option 1 > UEFI USB installer drive (or whatever you named it, UEFI will be automatically prepended)
Exit > Save Changes

There are few things you can tweak to eliminate ugly boot graphics and make BIOS menus easier to navigate:

Boot > Boot Configuration > Boot Logo Display > Disabled
Boot > Boot Configuration > Post Report > 1 Sec
Boot > Setup Mode > Advanced

I love this next feature because it allows you to save your BIOS settings so you can play around without having to wipe them and start over.

Tools > Asus User Profile > Profile Name > OSX (or whatever you like)
Tools > Asus User Profile > Save to Profile > 1 (hit enter to save)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back