i5-2500K
Graphics
GTX 760
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS, Other
Hi

I'm trying to PM some members on here that use Mac mini's with eGPUs, as I'm contemplating whether to get a Mac mini or get another Hackntosh. From what I've read, the Mac mini has throttling and eGPU issues in bootcamp, so may be worth me sticking with the Hackintosh path. Anyhow, here is my message:

----

Hi

I've seen some posts on here about your Mac mini and how you've got it connected to a eGPU, but are still facing throttling and other issues (especially with bootcamp?)

Just wanted to ask if you could shed some more light on the above, as I'm a long time Hackintosher, but with an old but stable system (Ivy Bridge i7 with a 7 year old z77-ds3h) but will soon need to upgrade. Unlike 7 years ago when I was a broke Uni student, I can now somewhat afford a Mac mini and eGPU (not that I feel right paying these extortinate prices, plus an eGPU), however if there's still issues with connecting a Mac mini to an eGPU, especially to do with throttling as I like to boot into windows from time to time for some gaming, then I may just continue down the Hackintosh path, as it's literally half the price for a more powerful machine with a bigger SSD.

Thanks

---

Can I please be allowed to PM members?

Thanks