Register

Can't perform kext scan: No kext summary

Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
Intel i7 6500U
Graphics
NVidia GeForce GT 920M
I have created a bootable usb of Mac os Sierra in UEFI mode. I can open the bootloader but when i boot from usb it goes in kernel panic. I have tried with 'nv_disable=0', '-v', '-x', 'GraphicsEnabled=No' but i get the same error everytime. I have AtherosE2200Ethernet, FakeSMC, IntelMausiEthernet, RealtekRTL8111, USBInjectAll kexts. I am on a ASUS F555U Series Laptop with Intel I7-6500U and nVidia GeForce 920M. How can i solve that? (Image attached)
IMG_20170815_162943.jpg

Not a Desktop - Moved to Sierra Laptop Support

I have created a bootable usb of Mac os Sierra in UEFI mode. I can open the bootloader but when i boot from usb it goes in kernel panic. I have tried with 'nv_disable=0', '-v', '-x', 'GraphicsEnabled=No' but i get the same error everytime. I have AtherosE2200Ethernet, FakeSMC, IntelMausiEthernet, RealtekRTL8111, USBInjectAll kexts. I am on a ASUS F555U Series Laptop with Intel I7-6500U and nVidia GeForce 920M. How can i solve that? (Image attached)View attachment 272404

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Although you should read the FAQ for an overview of issues, the Clover guide is linked from the first question: "Q. Where do I start?", just after the bold face "Clover Guide".
Here is a direct link, just to be clear:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, your profile must be filled out with complete details as requested in the FAQ, again under "Q. Where do I start?". All seven details requested are equally important.

And if you have an issue (after following the guide), or on any other problem, you must provide a detailed description of the problem including information that helps us understand what you're doing. Always attach "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html
The required files and data are fully detailed in the last question in the FAQ:
"Q. What are typical "Problem Reporting" files?"

I have created a bootable usb of Mac os Sierra in UEFI mode. I can open the bootloader but when i boot from usb it goes in kernel panic. I have tried with 'nv_disable=0', '-v', '-x', 'GraphicsEnabled=No' but i get the same error everytime. I have AtherosE2200Ethernet, FakeSMC, IntelMausiEthernet, RealtekRTL8111, USBInjectAll kexts. I am on a ASUS F555U Series Laptop with Intel I7-6500U and nVidia GeForce 920M. How can i solve that? (Image attached)View attachment 272404
  • This is due to a RAM problem:
  • It is from one or more of the following
    • RAM in Socket # 1(Closest to CPU) is NOT well seated
    • RAM in Socket #1 Damaged
    • RAM Socket itself is damaged and not working even with good RAM inserted in it and well seated.
  • Shut down PC and Re-Seat all RAM Modules in all the sockets under electrostatic precautions and Try again
  • If still problem exists , remove RAM from # 1 socket and Take a RAM from other socket and place it in #1 skt and with that single RAM try booting and capturing verbose boot screen like you have done.
  • Repeat RAM switching until Bad RAM or Bad Socket confirmed.
  • If Socket 1 is damaged, you can still succeed but that needs editing CLOVER which can be posted if that stage is reached.
Edit: apologies for answering not realizing it is a Notebook.

Attachments

• RAM problem.png
    RAM problem.png
    445.2 KB · Views: 1,739
Last edited:
  • This is due to a RAM problem:
  • It is from one or more of the following
    • RAM in Socket # 1(Closest to CPU) is NOT well seated
    • RAM in Socket #1 Damaged
    • RAM Socket itself is damaged and not working even with good RAM inserted in it and well seated.
  • Shut down PC and Re-Seat all RAM Modules in all the sockets under electrostatic precautions and Try again
  • If still problem exists , remove RAM from # 1 socket and Take a RAM from other socket and place it in #1 skt and with that single RAM try booting and capturing verbose boot screen like you have done.
  • Repeat RAM switching until Bad RAM or Bad Socket confirmed.
  • If Socket 1 is damaged, you can still succeed but that needs editing CLOVER which can be posted if that stage is reached.
if it could be useful here there's the full image (I haven't phographed it first because is only a path)
IMG_20170815_181352.jpg

Personally i don't think it's an hardware problem because i run Ubuntu 17.04 without problems and i can't change or remove sockets because i can't open the laptop. I was thinking to a flag like 'maxmem' but i don't know how to use it. (My laptop has 2 sockets 4GB DDR3)

if it could be useful here there's the full image (I haven't phographed it first because is only a path)View attachment 272413
Personally i don't think it's an hardware problem because i run Ubuntu 17.04 without problems and i can't change or remove sockets because i can't open the laptop. I was thinking to a flag like 'maxmem' but i don't know how to use it. (My laptop has 2 sockets 4GB DDR3)

You need to fill out config.plist/SMBIOS/Memory to reflect your actual memory configuration.

I have the same problem. What should be done?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back