Contribute
Register

Can't pass the login screen. Endless loading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much. You persuaded me to use Unibeast but I am asking "Can I install Unibeast bootloader on the HD if I used Clover to install from USB drive?" cause I don't want to reinstall for nought. And what can you advise me on my graphics card problem?
Should I install videodriver first and only then bootloader on HD? or v.v.? or it doesn't matter?

Thank you so much. You persuaded me to use Unibeast but I am asking "Can I install Unibeast bootloader on the HD if I used Clover to install from USB drive?" cause I don't want to reinstall for nought. And what can you advise me on my graphics card problem?
Should I install videodriver first and only then bootloader on HD? or v.v.? or it doesn't matter?

Yes you can Install Chimera Bootloader[Not Unibeast >Unibeast is a software that loads the OS to the USB Installer and gives it Chimera bootloader to makes itbootable with a few basic drivers and ancillary files.

You can Install Chimera 4.1.0 by downloading and installing the Standalone version from Tonymac Downloads or thru Multibeast.

You can install the latest Video driver for your version of Yosemite OS X from nVidia Webdriver site. You have the link you pointed to me in your post. You can do that simultaneously just like you do in Multibeast. Whatever sequence you follow, BEFORE rebooting your Yosemite System Disk , install the Bootloader to enable it to boot and reach the Chimera screen by itself.

Since you would have already installed the Webdriver which should automatically create nvda_drv=1 flag in chameleon.Boot.plist [Boot.plist created when you install Chimera through Multibeast through the DSDT-Free method] , and if you have installed other drivers like for your Ethernet and Audio {integrated devices) you probably can boot with just -v from Chimera screen for your Yosemite HDD.

I installed Chimera with Multibeast. Also I found DSDT for my MoBo.
First image is what happens when I try to boot without adding any arguments (white screen)
2nd is when I add -v (darwin)both get stuck
I chose "Instant Menu" in Multibeast but it automatically throws me into Windows, so I have to choose my Hackintosh HDD in BIOS every time
I probably bothered you :rolleyes: Sorry

Attachments

• image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    748.9 KB · Views: 181
  • image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    790.6 KB · Views: 154
First image is what happens when I try to boot without adding any arguments (white screen)
I chose "Instant Menu" in Multibeast but it automatically throws me into Windows, so I have to choose my Hackintosh HDD in BIOS every time

Change nvda_drv=1 for nv_disable=1

Panic in AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement with RCX=0xE2 indicates locked MSR 0xE2 and failure to install patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext.

Panic in AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement with RCX=0xE2 indicates locked MSR 0xE2 and failure to install patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext.
How do I fix it?

This is Kernel Panic from AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement as can be seen in the back trace.. Rehabman has already told you so.

You have to use your USB Yosemite Installer to boot and from Installation screen get Utility>Terminal and use commands to open your Yos System disk Volume>System/Library/Extension and mv *AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement to a backup folder and then try and reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back