Graphics
GTX 970 GALAX
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I successfully installed 10.10 via Clover, rebooted, created an account, entered the password, waited for a minute.. waited.. waited for two hours, and :beachball: was just constantly spinning. So, I haven't even managed to pass Apple logo screen.
Please help me, I'm just one step away from success. RESPOND IN DETAIL. This is my first hackintosh.

Arguments I used to load (othervise it doesn't): -f, -v, -x, nv_disable=1, PCIRootUID=0, GraphicsEnabler=0.
The only thing I can think of is that there might be some issues with the graphic card (GTX 970).

Sry fo bed inglish end thx inadvans.

I successfully installed 10.10 via Clover, rebooted, created an account, entered the password, waited for a minute.. waited.. waited for two hours, and :beachball: was just constantly spinning. So, I haven't even managed to pass Apple logo screen.
Please help me, I'm just one step away from success. RESPOND IN DETAIL. This is my first hackintosh.

Arguments I used to load (othervise it doesn't): -f, -v, -x, nv_disable=1, PCIRootUID=0, GraphicsEnabler=0.
The only thing I can think of is that there might be some issues with the graphic card (GTX 970).

Sry fo bed inglish end thx inadvans.

What is the Make and Model of the Motherboard?

Please List your BIOS Settings chosen for this installation.
Please add Motherboard Make & Model ; BIOS version to the System: NOT OS X 10.10 through Profile>Basic Information . Profile is toward top RIGHT of this page.

Profile updated, sir.
As for BIOS settings, I only turned AHCI mode for the HD in order to be shown in Disk Utility.
And I have to note, that there were no other errors during the installation.

Profile updated, sir.
As for BIOS settings, I only turned AHCI mode for the HD in order to be shown in Disk Utility.
And I have to note, that there were no other errors during the installation.

Thank you for your MoBo details and Profile updating. Most of your BIOS options needed for OSX install is given as Default. Asus Motherboard BIOS does not mention anything about Vt-d enabling or disabling.

In OSX install Vt-d has to be disabled. If that option is not available, we can add the boot flag dart=0

With regard to your GTX card you have already chosen the correct flag nv_disable=1 because you have not had a chance to install webdriver yet for it to use video acceleration and the Safe Mode (-x) and -f to ignore kext cache during boot to reinforce the same.

So if pushing on the ENTER key does not stop the spinning colored wheel or beach ball [if from sleep problem] force reboot and add dart=0 to the previous flags and try again.
Good luck

So if pushing on the ENTER key does not stop the spinning colored wheel or beach ball [if from sleep problem] force reboot and add dart=0 to the previous flags and try again.
Good luck

Pushing the ENTER key and dart=0 didn't work but I tried to run hackintosh only with default arguments (Clover) and nv_disable=1. Those arguments I used before must have been blocking OS X default videodriver, so it couldn't even run the desktop.

Thanks for help.

I have already reinstalled successfully but now I have troubles with graphics card. Do you think I won't have troubles using multibeast?

I have already reinstalled successfully but now I have troubles with graphics card. Do you think I won't have troubles using multibeast?

Please state what trouble you have now with Graphics card?
What installer ( Unibeast or Clover ) you used for the Installation?
What Bootloader are you considering to install on the Hard disk?

Depending up on the answers we may have to figure out the optimum strategy for the next steps.

Please state what trouble you have now with Graphics card?
What installer ( Unibeast or Clover ) you used for the Installation?
What Bootloader are you considering to install on the Hard disk?

Depending up on the answers we may have to figure out the optimum strategy for the next steps.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/167488-cant-run-videocard.html#post1062803
I'll be very grateful if you help me
I used Clover both times for installation from USB drive.
Can I install Unibeast on the HD if I used Clover to install from USB drive?

http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/167488-cant-run-videocard.html#post1062803
I'll be very grateful if you help me
I used Clover both times for installation from USB drive.
Can I install Unibeast on the HD if I used Clover to install from USB drive?

The USB Installer you have created has the OS X System file, some basic drivers, and Clover as the boot loader. When you use that to install the System on the Hard Disk Drive, it transfers all System Files , I believe it creates a recovery partition but it does not install all drivers or the Bootloader.

Most would like to install Clover as the Bootloader when they take the trouble of creating the Clover Yosemite USB Installer . I say trouble , because Unibeast method is very simple in comparison.

But both installers are primarily tasked to transforming the blank hard disk into a partitioned and formatted (HFS+ or MacOS Extended [Journaled]) OS X system containing disk. Installing Drivers and Bootloaders are done separately using different ways.

If you use Multibeast7.3 you can accomplish many things as a "bundled deal' were many options are pre-configured that include the Chimera 4.1.0 bootloader ,creation of /Extra folder and chameleon boot plist and some very essential drivers particularly FakeSMC.kext [Goes to /System/Library/Extensions folder just like any and all Kexts installed either through Multibeast or manually by downloading and installing using for example KextWizard (freeware) and a few other feature. Multibeast also provide you with the facilities in their Menu to 'pick and choose' items you want provided you know your needs based on your knowledge about your system Hardware.

Some people may go for Chameleon as a bootloader and they may download and install that after creating the system using Clover USB installer.

If your Intention is using Chimera as the bootloader , (I personally like it better , because I have used it a lot and find it easier to create the installer and later use Multibeast to finish the job) I suggest creating a Unibeast Installer as it can be easily used for any troubleshoot too. I like Chameleon.boot.plist for its simplicity compared to clover Config.plist. This is my personal bias and may not be popular these days.

In a multiboot setup , I find Chimera more friendly and elegant to create the Boot screen and navigate there. Clover in its present form is not very friendly and its multiple submenu are not easy to use for the beginners.

Now it is up to you to make the final choice.:)
Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back