1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
  4. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello,

I recently upgraded from Mavericks to Yosemite. (I'm running Clover.)

When I try to mount the EFI partition on Mac OS drive I just get an empty folder named "EFI". I've tried mounting it with clover configurator, EFI Mounter-v2 with the same result. Disk Utility could not mount it either (in debug mode).
I'm also only able to boot Yosemite through the clover menu that's on the usb installer. It's like there's some kind of restriction on the efi partition in Yosemite.

How can I fix this?

Thanks in advance!

Hello,

I recently upgraded from Mavericks to Yosemite. (I'm running Clover.)

When I try to mount the EFI partition on Mac OS drive I just get an empty folder named "EFI". I've tried mounting it with clover configurator, EFI Mounter-v2 with the same result. Disk Utility could not mount it either (in debug mode).
I'm also only able to boot Yosemite through the clover menu that's on the usb installer. It's like there's some kind of restriction on the efi partition in Yosemite.

How can I fix this?

Thanks in advance!

It would be interesting to know what a terminal session "diskutil list" returns. If you are of a mind, could you run one and paste a copy here?

Good modding,
neil

Hi,

Here's a screenshot when I ran it.

Skärmavbild 2015-03-16 kl. 12.35.45.png

Thanks.

EDIT:
I tried to run "sudo mount -t msdos /dev/disk0s1 /Volumes/efi" which I found somewhere on the net.
It gave me this:

/System/Library/Extensions/msdosfs.kext failed to load - (libkern/kext) not loadable (reason unspecified); check the system/kernel logs for errors or try kextutil(8).
mount_msdos: msdos filesystem is not available

SOLVED!

I narrowed it down to a failure with msdosfs.kext. After upgrade to Yosemite I used Kext Utility to install the new kexts which messed up the msdosfs.kext not loading. Therefor the EFI partition wasn't able to load which also made me only able to boot from the USB installer with clover.

So I updated Kext Utility to the latest version and ran it again and whola!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back