Contribute
Register

Can't mount correct EFI partition after updating to High Sierra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2
CPU
3,5 GHz Intel Core i5
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 4 GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
So I recently updated from Sierra to High Sierra. After the installation my HDMI Audio didn't function anymore so I followed this guide to solve it. AppleHDA HDMI Audio [Guide]

In order for the command to work I need to mount my EFI partition, but since the update my boot disk changed apparently. EFI mounter says my boot disk is disk3s1, but won't let me choose this disk. I guess my EFI partition is still on another disk or something. I don't know... I have a screenshot of my EFI mounter attached.

I run OS X on a SSD, but I also have Windows running on an HDD and I have another HDD for extra space.

If someone could help me out, that'd be amazing.

Thanks

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-12-17 at 16.39.48.png
    Screen Shot 2017-12-17 at 16.39.48.png
    20.7 KB · Views: 162
@lukapeeters, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Run the diskutil list command in Terminal and post output.

@lukapeeters, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.

Run the diskutil list command in Terminal and post output.

My apologies, I've updated my profile.

Disk1 is my Windows drive en Disk2 is just a HDD for storage, but I see it has an EFI partition now... So I'm a bit confused about what happened with my start up disk.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-01-10 at 19.09.45.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-10 at 19.09.45.png
    75.5 KB · Views: 232
Last edited:
Disk1 is my Windows drive en Disk2 is just a HDD for storage, but I see it has an EFI partition now... So I'm a bit confused about what happened with my start up disk.
You should mount the EFI partition on disk0s1
That's the EFI partition that belongs to disk3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back