Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-Z87X-OC LGA 1150
CPU
i7 4770K
Graphics
GeForce GTX 760 2048MB
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Question 1: Is the apfs format in the first post refer to all drives in the computer or only to the OS drive? I have an SSD for my OS and apps, and regular platter drives for storage.

Question 2: When I use the "
/Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/startosinstall --converttoapfs NO" command and Agree to the terms, the computer does its restart, I select the boot install drive at the clover screen, and then it just hangs at the apple logo. What do I need to do to either "just make it work" or to give more details about the hang.

Thanks.

EDIT: I'm not using the HFS+ script... someone moved my post here inappropriately. I'll go start my own thread.

Question 2: When I use the "
/Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/startosinstall --converttoapfs NO" command and Agree to the terms, the computer does its restart, I select the boot install drive at the clover screen, and then it just hangs at the apple logo. What do I need to do to either "just make it work" or to give more details about the hang.

I have the same problem, though just using the Installer app as usual. When the system boots into the Boot MacOS Install partition for the first time, the machine hangs while loading the kernel. I'm attaching a photo of what I get from a -v boot.

I have updated the FakeSMC.kext in the EFI partition as well as in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ on the boot partition, as the instructions suggest. Same for adding apfs.efi to /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/ on the EFI partition and the boot partition.

Does anyone know what else I should be looking at?

Attachments

• 2018-01-16 16.51.24.jpg
    2018-01-16 16.51.24.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 84
Last edited:
I select the boot install drive at the clover screen, and then it just hangs at the apple logo.
Boot your system in Verbose Mode and post a picture of your screen when it freezes/hangs.
Before you select the boot install drive, at Clover Boot Screen press space bar and select Verbose (-v)
What do I need to do to either "just make it work"
You can try to drop the DMAR and MATS tables.
At Clover Boot Screen select Options > ACPI Patching > Tables dropping > Drop DMAR, Drop MATS

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back