Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Can't make sure that the VGA port working on Laptop (Hackintosh)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tho

Motherboard
ASUS Prime B365M-K
CPU
i5 9400
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I can't make sure that the VGA port working on my Laptop (Hackintosh) because when I installed Windows my home's VGA cable doesn't working and now I've installed macOS Mojave and inject NVIDIA and it said Sony GeForce.

Attachments

• Intel HD 4000.png
    Intel HD 4000.png
    90.7 KB · Views: 214
  • Sony GeForce.png
    Sony GeForce.png
    78.9 KB · Views: 212
  • Sony GeForce more info.png
    Sony GeForce more info.png
    68.2 KB · Views: 177

But that is desktop support only :confused:

This forum (Hardware Troubleshooting) is for Desktop computers only.
For help with your Laptop you should post in Mojave Laptop Support.

I can't make sure that the VGA port working on my Laptop (Hackintosh) because when I installed Windows my home's VGA cable doesn't working and now I've installed macOS Mojave and inject NVIDIA and it said Sony GeForce.
If your laptop uses Optimus for high-performance graphics switching, it is unsupported, therefore if the VGA port is tied to the eGPU, it will not work. It is highly recommended to use DSDT patching to fully disable your eGPU and only use your Intel graphics card.

Furthermore, VGA was never fully adopted in macOS, therefore it is unsupported and requires further hacks to get to function

If your laptop uses Optimus for high-performance graphics switching, it is unsupported, therefore if the VGA port is tied to the eGPU, it will not work. It is highly recommended to use DSDT patching to fully disable your eGPU and only use your Intel graphics card.

Furthermore, VGA was never fully adopted in macOS, therefore it is unsupported and requires further hacks to get to function
SO... It didn't work yeah?

SO... It didn't work yeah?
I am not sure, only way to test if your VGA port works is to boot into Windows, and plug in a VGA-compatible monitor, and then use the Display-Switch combo on your laptop keyboard to switch to the external display.

I am not sure, only way to test if your VGA port works is to boot into Windows, and plug in a VGA-compatible monitor, and then use the Display-Switch combo on your laptop keyboard to switch to the external display.
Now I'm sure that VGA port is... :(((

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back