Contribute
Register

Can't make kexts work (network, audio, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte z170x Gaming 7
CPU
i7 6700k @4.2gHz
Graphics
nVidia Geforce GTX 1080 Hybrid
Hello everyone!

I finally got Sierra installed on my system, but I can't seem to get any of the kexts to work. First of all, my system only boots with this specific config.plist (attached) and nothing else. Throughout my troubleshooting adventures, I read about DSDT files and editing the config.plist, but I am new at hackintosh and I don't really understand what these files do. Even after installing drivers with multibeast (says install success), none of the drivers do anything.

I started with trying to get my wireless card working: TP-Link N900 (which is said to work natively). On windows device manager it is labled as Atheros ar938x with Dev_0030 hardware ID (idk if that's important or not). When booting into macOS, in the top right corner where the bluetooth and wireless icons are supposed to be, there's only display options, an eject button, and the time, nothing else. When I go into network settings, there is only a Serial Bus with a phone icon and I can't add any wifi or ethernet connection.

So far I tried:
  • Adding <key>ForceKextsToLoad</key> (and included kexts) in the config.plist
  • Putting kexts into CLOVER/kexts/other
  • Other people's config.plist (boot freezes and keyboard and mouse lose power)
  • Manually installing IO80211family.kext, appleALC
  • Reinstalling Sierra
  • Trying different drivers with multibeast
  • Using kext wizard to install drivers
  • Manually installing kexts with terminal
  • Checking "show package contents" of IO80211family.kext and making sure it had pci168,30 listed (which it did)
Something else that might be important to mention is that while installing sierra, I chose "this computer does not connect to the internet" because the router is across the house, so I can't exactly connect it that way... Internet works wonderfully on windows though. Also, and I'm not sure, but I think when I installed Sierra there was no IO80211family.kext in /Library/Extensions. Not sure if I checked /System/Library/Extensions or not, or even if that's different, idk.

My system specs:
  • Intel i7 6700k @4.2gHz
  • 8gb Gskill Trident-Z 3866mHz
  • EVGA nVidia Geforce GTX 1080 Hybrid
  • Sandisk 120gb SSD (macOS boot)
  • Samsung 960 EVO nvme (windows boot)
  • Hitachi 2tb HDD (for storage only)
  • Gigabyte z170x Gaming 7 Motherboard
  • Evga Supernova 850W PSU
Sorry for the long post; I've spent many hours trying to figure it out, but now I'm stumped... Thank you to everyone in advance!

Attachments

• config.plist
    7 KB · Views: 240
I couldn't get anywhere with Sierra until I installed kexts using kextbeast.

Statements like:
..."but I can't seem to get any of the kexts to work" ... "none of the drivers do anything" ... "

will not endear you to the members of this community.

With as many things as you have tried I would recommend that you start from scratch and reformat the drive and begin all over again.
Find a Golden Build or User Build that closely matches your hardware and follow the instructions very closely.
the-build.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back