Graphics
RX 5800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello,

I have a Mojave 10.14.2 hackintosh working fine. I only have one major issue I don't how to make it work : I want to use jack audio router (http://jackaudio.org/downloads/) and it doesn't work. The jack pilot starts fine but I can't select jackRouter as an audio device. It works fine on my MBook Air laptop. I imagine it is because I'm using voodoohda in order to have sound working on my hackintosh. I also have a MOTU 828 MKII FW sound device connected to the Hackintosh. This device works fine on my system.

Do some of you use Jack audio router ?

It works fine on my MBook Air laptop. I imagine it is because I'm using voodoohda in order to have sound working on my hackintosh.
Voodoo disables AppleHDA, expected.
ALC1150/AppleHDA working, see Mojave AppleHDA Audio/Post #1

Thanks for the answer. I also tried the AppleALC/Lilu solution, same thing, audio works but jackrouter doesn't appear in audio devices...

Edit : the weird thing is that virtual audio devices like soudflower work fine

Last edited:
Post #1
I'm using voodoohda in order to have sound working on my hackintosh.
Post #3
tried the AppleALC/Lilu solution, same thing, audio works but jackrouter doesn't appear in audio devices...
Post #1 says no sound with AppleALC, Post #3 says the opposite.
AppleALC enables AppleHDA audio devices with non macOS supported audio codecs
Voodoo does not enable AppleHDA audio devices
Why Voodoo?

I used voodoo because I didnt' know about appleALC ;) And I didn't really know that voodoo did what you explained ! In fact in post #3 I said that I had sound working but Jack Router not working.

Anyway I found another version of the jack pilot app and this one works. :D

I just need to find a way to build an .app bundle from the qjackctl sources in order to have a more recent version of it and I don't know how to do that ! But I'm afraid this is not the purpose of this forum... I you have an idea where I could find tutorials to do that that would be really great !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back