Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD7 TH
CPU
i7 4790K
Graphics
Titan-X
Hello all,

I've been trying for a long time to install Yosemite onto my newly built machine but I'm getting frustrated as I can't figure out why it won't make it to the installer. No matter how I boot it (-x, -v, GraphicsEnabler=No, etc) it always gets stuck before making it to the OS Installer.
With regular 'enter' or -x it gets stuck at the apple logo with the black loading bar almost halfway.
With -v it gets stuck saying "Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport!"
I've included pictures below, any help will be greatly appreciated!

My build:
Gigabyte Z97X-UD7 TH
INTEL CORE i7-4790K LGA1150
Ballistix 16GB RAM
GTX Titan-X
500GB Samsung EVO 800 SSD
4TB Western Digital Black HD

If I can't get it to work via USB stick and Unibeast, it is worth buying the DVD Rom of Snow Leopard?

IMG_0492.jpgIMG_5603.jpg

Thank you all so much!

Hello all,

I've been trying for a long time to install Yosemite onto my newly built machine but I'm getting frustrated as I can't figure out why it won't make it to the installer. No matter how I boot it (-x, -v, GraphicsEnabler=No, etc) it always gets stuck before making it to the OS Installer.
With regular 'enter' or -x it gets stuck at the apple logo with the black loading bar almost halfway.
With -v it gets stuck saying "Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport!"
I've included pictures below, any help will be greatly appreciated!

My build:
Gigabyte Z97X-UD7 TH
INTEL CORE i7-4790K LGA1150
Ballistix 16GB RAM
GTX Titan-X
500GB Samsung EVO 800 SSD
4TB Western Digital Black HD

If I can't get it to work via USB stick and Unibeast, it is worth buying the DVD Rom of Snow Leopard?

View attachment 141707View attachment 141708

Thank you all so much!

There is no native support for your GTX Titan-X so try installing using your integrated graphics.

The only reason to use the Snow Leopard DVD is to gain access to the app store to download Yosemite,
As you already have Yosemite it would serve no useful purpose.

There is no native support for your GTX Titan-X so try installing using your integrated graphics.

The only reason to use the Snow Leopard DVD is to gain access to the app store to download Yosemite,
As you already have Yosemite it would serve no useful purpose.

Thanks so much for the response! I got to the installer with the nv_disable=1 command.

But now I seem to have a different issue. I am unable to complete the installation of the OS because my keyboard won't type anything. I can type before launching the yosemite drive, but once I'm in the installer I can't type. It's only a problem because I need to create the account and passwords, etc. for the computer and it won't let me skip that step. Any ideas?

I have a logickeyboard mac keyboard.

Thanks so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back