MSI Z97 PC MATE
CPU
i5-4690K 3.50 GHz
Graphics
EVGA Video NVIDIA GeForce GTX750 1024MB GDDR5 SuperClocked
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
When i try to "apply" the changes to the hard drive (in disk utility) and create the new partition it gives me a " Partition faile file system verification failed" error.

Any ideas?

Motherboard
Lion 10.7.3
CPU
i7 280
Graphics
9600 nvidia
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Repair permissions and try again

Motherboard
MSI Z97 PC MATE
CPU
i5-4690K 3.50 GHz
Graphics
EVGA Video NVIDIA GeForce GTX750 1024MB GDDR5 SuperClocked
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Still doesnt work, iv tried repairing with multibeast and disk utility, rebooted and nothing happened.

Motherboard
Hackintosh
CPU
3.07 GHz Intel Core i7
Graphics
Ge Force 9500 GT 1024 MB
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I have a simillar issue. Disk Utility won't let me partition (cannot reduce size of partition). Can we put the installer partition on a USB stick? I know taht it will be slow.

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
turutrutr said:
Still doesnt work, iv tried repairing with multibeast and disk utility, rebooted and nothing happened.
the problem is extra size on the large partition, i had to delete a bunch of stuff in order to partition the 8 gigs

i have and ssd that had 20 gigs extra, i deleted 20 gigs of stuff and it partitioned right away

Motherboard
Hackintosh
CPU
3.07 GHz Intel Core i7
Graphics
Ge Force 9500 GT 1024 MB
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Robe5000 said:
turutrutr said:
the problem is extra size on the large partition, i had to delete a bunch of stuff in order to partition the 8 gigs

i have and ssd that had 20 gigs extra, i deleted 20 gigs of stuff and it partitioned right away

I've trim my 64GB SSD from 28 to 33gb... and it still doesn't work. I get the same error (cannot reduce size of original partition).

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
jeepeebee said:
Robe5000 said:
turutrutr said:

I've trim my 64GB SSD from 28 to 33gb... and it still doesn't work. I get the same error (cannot reduce size of original partition).

try to get more if you can, this was definatly my problem, try googling "can't partition mac drive"or something, maybe it will tell you exactly how much you need

Motherboard
Hackintosh
CPU
3.07 GHz Intel Core i7
Graphics
Ge Force 9500 GT 1024 MB
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Robe5000 said:
try to get more if you can, this was definatly my problem, try googling "can't partition mac drive"or something, maybe it will tell you exactly how much you need

I've followed your advice and it seems that I can try to repair disk permission with disk utility. i've performed a verification, and there is a lot of things that differ.... can I use disk utility to repair disk permission? or will it mess up my hackintosh since I did not use Multibeast?

Motherboard
Gigabyte ga-z77x-ud5h
CPU
i5
Graphics
GTX-660
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I have the same problem, running an SSD and get the same error.

I theoretically should have enough space by 3gb but it won't let me. I used disk utility to check the drive and had errors, I did repair but I think the errors come back on reboot.

No problems repairing through disk utility though.

Motherboard
Hackintosh
CPU
3.07 GHz Intel Core i7
Graphics
Ge Force 9500 GT 1024 MB
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Shelby said:
I have the same problem, running an SSD and get the same error.

I theoretically should have enough space by 3gb but it won't let me. I used disk utility to check the drive and had errors, I did repair but I think the errors come back on reboot.

No problems repairing through disk utility though.

Based on knowledge from other people from the forum, I will try to use a USB drive to update to Lion.

Status
Not open for further replies.