Register

Can't make a hackintosh to work...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
gigabyte z97x ud3h bk
Graphics
gigabyte gtx 750 ti
I have a problem with my graphic card, it is nvidia gtx 750 Ti on Sierra. It doesn't work when web drivers are installed, and turns off the monitor while booting. Tried with all the arguments and all the newest and older beta drivers for Sierra. The system boots only when nv_disabled=1. Now, I've listed the buyers guide here, and above the list where my graphic card is, it says:
"All of the GeForce 'Maxwell' based graphics cards listed here besides the GeForce 'Kepler' based GT 740 require alternate NVIDIA graphics drivers to enable full acceleration. See here for details. Please note these cards will only work with OS X Yosemite and El Capitan."
Does it mean that I need a new graphic card for Sierra?
My rig:
CPU: Intel 4790K
MB: gigabyte z97x ud3h bk
RAM: crucial ballistic 32 gb
HD: samsung evo 850
GRAPHIC: gigabyte gtx 750 ti

i had same issue and solved in 10 minutes :) using AGDPfix.app following this guide.

flo

Thanks for reply flo.
I tried AGDPfix and it didn't work. It still shuts down the mobitor at boot. Then I tried the maciasl, and when I got to the compile part, I ran into this:
14804846_10211271772014756_1620130303_n.jpg

I really don't know the encoding of what is wrong, neither where to change the encoding. I checked the text and it doesn't have any utf or some other encoding stuff. I mean, it's all code, even tried to erase comments.

Does it mean that I need a new graphic card for Sierra?

The GTX 750 Ti should work fine with Sierra.

Did you use the new Nvidia enabler in Clover?
Screen Shot 2016-10-25 at 7.04.30 AM.png

I have kept my Hackintosh Simple. No messing with DSDT SSDT stuff or any of that.

But with me not going advanced as that, it gave me limitations.

I have the ASUS GTX 750Ti OC (dual fan)

I installed Web Drivers + Cuda Drivers

I enabled Web Drivers Option + nvda_drv=1 flag in Clover

Currently only VGA works, No HDMI, and I haven't tried DVI

Still pretty sweet that it works, 1080p full blurry transparenty things

I tried all advice, but my hackintosh have a same problem. Can't boot system with nVidia web driver.
Please, help. Anyone...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back