Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
hi guys,
It's my very first hackintosh...
Asus Prime Z370-A
I7 8700k
2x16GB Samsung 2400MHz DDR4
RX570 8GB

First I was attempting to install High Sierra, but I have failed at more points, first at the USB ports (a custom DSDT file solved the problem), then there was a bug with igpu...
so finally I went for mojave, and now it's installed, wokring... except one critical thing... I was logging into my apple ID ath the finishing of the installation, and gave a password. Adn since then, the system wont let me into my account, even if i change the password or leave it blank(using apple id) or whatever... so i could just barely test it in guest user...
any idea? thx

hi guys,
It's my very first hackintosh...
Asus Prime Z370-A
I7 8700k
2x16GB Samsung 2400MHz DDR4
RX570 8GB

First I was attempting to install High Sierra, but I have failed at more points, first at the USB ports (a custom DSDT file solved the problem), then there was a bug with igpu...
so finally I went for mojave, and now it's installed, wokring... except one critical thing... I was logging into my apple ID ath the finishing of the installation, and gave a password. Adn since then, the system wont let me into my account, even if i change the password or leave it blank(using apple id) or whatever... so i could just barely test it in guest user...
any idea? thx
  • I don't know if this will work for you but you may try if you have already set up Keychain .
  • From your current Desktop, go to "Keychain Access" and click it [ Finder >Go>Utilities>Keychain Access] See image for visual help
  • Go to Keychain Access >Preferences-> Reset My Default Keychains ( to create a new empty login and iCloud keychains)[see image]
  • Remove Old keychain and create a new one with password
  • Quit Keychain Access and Reboot
  • See if you can Login and access your account

Attachments

• 1.Finder_Go_Utilities.png
    1.Finder_Go_Utilities.png
    309.1 KB · Views: 81
  • 2.Utilities_Keychain Access.png
    2.Utilities_Keychain Access.png
    72.4 KB · Views: 79
  • 3.Keychain Preferences_Reset my default Keychain .png
    3.Keychain Preferences_Reset my default Keychain .png
    20.3 KB · Views: 58
  • I don't know if this will work for you but you may try if you have already set up Keychain .
  • From your current Desktop, go to "Keychain Access" and click it [ Finder >Go>Utilities>Keychain Access] See image for visual help
  • Go to Keychain Access >Preferences-> Reset My Default Keychains ( to create a new empty login and iCloud keychains)[see image]
  • Remove Old keychain and create a new one with password
  • Quit Keychain Access and Reboot
  • See if you can Login and access your account
thanks, it could be helpful, but I wasn't clear, that I'm stuck at the login window. I can open only the guest account, and I couldn't authenticate anything even from there for the same reason. Only one thing I can do at the login screen, it allows me to change the password using my apple ID, but it's just still useless....

thanks, it could be helpful, but I wasn't clear, that I'm stuck at the login window. I can open only the guest account, and I couldn't authenticate anything even from there for the same reason. Only one thing I can do at the login screen, it allows me to change the password using my apple ID, but it's just still useless....
It is quicker to reinstall than troubleshoot your existing installation.
It is better to not link your AppleID until after everything is complete.
The problem is possibly connected to NVRAM/SMBIOS/Ethernet configuration :
See https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/an-idiots-guide-to-imessage.196827/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back