Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z370P-D3
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
GTX760 2GB
Hi all

Managed to get ML installed and running, thanks to the new version of Multibeast. I've got an interesting problem, though. I can log into the app store and iTunes using my Apple ID without any problem, but when I try to set up iCloud it gives me an error message (screenshot attached).

I've logged into the iCloud site, no problems there, and I've even tried changing my password, but it's still not letting me set up iCloud on my hackintosh.

I also get error messages when I try and log into Messages and FaceTime, but these both say a problem was encountered during registration and to try again later. Not sure if these are related to the problem above.

Any help anyone can give me would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-08-17 at 14.43.31.png
    Screen Shot 2012-08-17 at 14.43.31.png
    29.6 KB · Views: 752
I saw a couple of things online which suggested I delete the network prefs file, and I've changed the serial number and stuff with Chameleon Wizard, but no luck with either of these methods...

Yeah, logging in there works

I think it's an ethernet kext issue. Do you install maolj's AtherosL1cEthernet in Multibeast? If not, try that.

I think it's an ethernet kext issue. Do you install maolj's AtherosL1cEthernet in Multibeast? If not, try that.

Thanks for the tip.... I'll give that a try shortly and let you know how I get on.

PMDSP1155: Thanks for the tip. I saw that elsewhere and have already done all of that however no luck. Signing into App Store has never been an issue, it worked first time, and I have never had the error message shown in that video. Thank you for your suggestion.

UPDATE:

Tried to install using maolj's AtherosL1cEthernet as suggested, however that driver is not compatible with my network card (as expected). Since installing this, I have been unable to boot into ML, even in safe mode, and the screen just sits black.

I tried to reinstall ML today from scratch, which worked nicely, and installed my Ethernet drivers, again no issue, however i am unable to boot into ML from the hard drive. Selecting Easybeast causes the system to switch the monitor off partway through booting and no amount of fiddling with GraphicsEnabler flags works. I can boot with -v however it looks normal and it's after the screen clears that it stalls. I've tried with and without -f but no difference.

I reinstalled again, and tried it DSDT-free, wouldn't get past PCI Configuration Begin. Tried it with the DSDT for my motherboard (yes, I'm using the correct DSDT for my BIOS version) and the same thing happens.

If I boot from the Unibeast USB stick, I can get into ML however I don't want to be doing that all the time.

I tried one final clean reinstall, but the installer now fails within 30 seconds, saying that a problem has occurred.

I'm very close to giving up now :(

I want to chip in here as I have exactly the same problem since I upgraded to ML. It did work with Lion before!

I have tried all the proposed solutions from here and elsewhere on the internet without success.
I can get itunes match and the shop to work without problems but iCloud refuses to login.

Help ... :( please

The problem is your ethernet card has to be set 0. I solved this by installing the kext for my ethernet then I removed COM.APPLE.NETWORK.IDENTIFICATION.PLIST & NETWORKINTERFACE.PLIST (both files may not be there, it's ok) from Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration. I removed my wifi card then restarted. Check by going to your Network utility, info tab
Ethernet should show as (en0). I shut down reinstalled my wifi card and everything was grand.

Sorry, no - it is en0 and it still doesn't work. I am driving nuts as I now tried literally everything that I could find online.

Is there probably something apple does in ML to block hackmacs from iCloud?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back