Contribute
Register

Can't log in to iCloud

Status
Not open for further replies.
Make sure you are using Chimera as your bootloader.
You need to do one of two options:
1) Identify the correct Kext for your onboard Lan. Install it, repair permissions, do not reboot. Now go to L/SystemConfig/Network.plist and delete this, now go over to network preferences and delete all your connections and "apply". Reboot. Go to network connections and read Ethernet & your wireless. They shoudl be En0 for ethernet and En1 for wireless. App store and iCloud will work.

or if not try this.....

2) Repeat all the above steps, but also inject the device id string into your org.chameleon.boot.plist file in extra. Use EFI studio 1.1 to do this. (google it - very simple to find and use) When you get your info it will automatically save to the apple.boot.plist found in Library/SystemConfiguration folder. Simply open the file and copy and paste these lines into the bottom of org.chameleon.boot.plist in Extra

<key/>device-id</key>
<string/>4b0xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx</string> (the x's are numbers)
dict

Tanks for your Support, but it still doesn't work :(

Www.iCloud.com Works however.

I thought I'd chip in and say you're not alone. I had this exact problem too. I was on UEFI and everything was hunky dory including iCloud except for some USB issues which were bothering so I downgraded back to the latest BIOS and started experiencing the exact problem you have. When I downgraded, Messages couldn't log in. iCloud was already logged in but when I logged out and then in again I got the same message as you. I tried every tip I could find including all those mentioned here with no luck. It was only upgrading to UEFI that fixed it for me. I have since downgraded to BIOS and upgraded to UEFI a few times to verify the issue and I get the same thing every time. I'd love to find a solution for this just for curiosity's sake.

I had the same issue - I booted into my lion installation and copied library/preferences/systemconfiguration /networkinterfaces.plist to my desktop. I booted into ML and copied that file to overwrite the one in ML - rebooted and I could log into icloud.

I do have an issue now where my wifi connection was set to en0 and is named ethernet - I'm sure the cosmetics could be fixed by changing my plist but I really don't care how it looks so long as it works, which it does. Your mileage may vary so keep a copy of the plist that you overwrite.

Good luck

Thanks, I'll try that later. For now I have enough ;) Especially cause the rest works super well.

Just to let everybody know that I still did not succeed getting iCloud to login under ML. iTunes, the shop, and everything else work. I think it has to do with the bios and/or the i3 as the definition for the mini is a i5. The problem is now also on my Lion installation after I upgraded to V6 of the Bios.

Don't want to downgrade - any idea what could help? Tried all the other things without success...

Just to let everybody know that I still did not succeed getting iCloud to login under ML. iTunes, the shop, and everything else work. I think it has to do with the bios and/or the i3 as the definition for the mini is a i5. The problem is now also on my Lion installation after I upgraded to V6 of the Bios.

Don't want to downgrade - any idea what could help? Tried all the other things without success...

I had the same problem for a few days and really pulled my hair on this. I tried all of the suggestions to no avail. It was really simple for me. All I had to do was change my "built in Ethernet" flags to yes instead of no. That fixed it for me.

I did this as well and I can't login to iCloud. Again it works with the app store, itunes and itunes match on my little hackmac but not with iCloud. I think I'll give up and don't use it on this machine. Thanks for your support.

I had the same problem on my MSI P35 Neo2 FR.

I had added a new serial, reset the network plist, and even tried adding wifi cards and alternative network cards. I'm not using a dsdt, but my network was alway builtin=true and en=0. So it didnt make sense that I couldnt log into iCloud. Couldnt add the ethernet string as the screen went black on boot when I tried. So I was a little stuck.

By chance I tried adding the PlatformUUID.kext for this board from a 10.7.3 installation that was verified working.

(at this link http://www.osx86.net/view/2155-msi_p35_neo2_fi-fr.html)

Repaired permissions and restarted, iCloud and iMessage logged in perfectly and the system as been stable and running for 7 days now without a single KP!!!!

Couldnt believe it was so simple!!

I'd say try the other advise first diligently, as the methods in this string have worked for me before on other boards without having to add kexts, but if you're stuck like I was try adding the correct PlatformUUID kext from a verified lion install for your board.

All the best,
Paul.

Just a SUCCESS FYI.

I have a gigabyte z77x -ud5h motherboard. I did nto try to get onboard ethernet working, because the atheros ethernet has been working great. I was originally unable to use Messages/App Store/iCloud. All I had do was delete the preferences as mentioned here, and then disable to Onboard ethernet. Working great now. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back