i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys,
My installation worked just fine with the exception of the NVIDIA driver.
What I have:
MTB: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 TH / 100 series chip-set (listed as supported) installed with MacOS Sierra 10.12.5
Graphics: MSI GTX 1080 Pascal (supported) with Driver: 378.05.05.15f01 (recommended by tonymac)
What is my problem:
After the installation of the NVIDIA drivers, I rebooted but the default graphics drivers are used.
I also installed the CUDA drivers of the above driver as some users recommend.
I followed the direction to mount the EFI partition and check the config.plist. It contains the new way of activating the drivers (see below) and there is no trace of nvda_drv=1
<key>SystemParameters</key>
<dict>
<key>InjectKexts</key>
<string>YES</string>
<key>InjectSystemID</key>
<true/>
<key>NvidiaWeb</key>
<true/>
</dict>

I am desperate, I really don't know what to do anymore. I am stuck here with useless 700$ graphics card
You guys are experts. You might have encountered and fixed this. I've tried everything and now I'm running crazy. I need help.

Titus

Last edited:
I cannot answer your question as you are in breach of the site rules. First point please add your hardware to your profile (personal details), secondly please remove the reference to compensation for assistance.

Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Rules said:
No member can ask, accept, offer or provide any form of compensation to any other member for any form of assistance.

I cannot answer your question as you are in breach of the site rules. First point please add your hardware to your profile (personal details), secondly please remove the reference to compensation for assistance.

OK, I got. I am a good guy, and if there are rules, I will respect them. I did not know though....
I did remove the line in trouble

OK, I got. I am a good guy, and if there are rules, I will respect them. I did not know though....
I did remove the line in trouble....
I did fill up my information

Common issue on a Gigabyte 100 series (and some Asus 100 series) boards is that native NVRAM is not functioning in macOS.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solving-nvidia-driver-install-loading-problems.161256/#Problem6

Thank you very very much, I really appreciate your help. It did work by running Clover and selecting EmuVariableUefi-64, which I did not have selected. I rebooted and it works fine.

I still have a minor problem though. After the reboot, on the screen where I have to type my username and password, the graphics are weird, instead of the usual gray background I have a mosaic of colors like a pattern on the whole screen.
I still can see where to type my password, but after I log-in it's fine then.

I will make a step by step tutorial with all the steps that I went through and I will publish it on this site, for other users that want to install 10.12.5 on Z170 MTB with NVIDIA Graphics

After the reboot, on the screen where I have to type my username and password, the graphics are weird, instead of the usual gray background I have a mosaic of colors like a pattern on the whole screen.
Try changing your wallpaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back