CPU
Intel i5 3570k
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey this my first ever hackintosh build and the software is driving me crazy.:banghead:
CPU- Intel i5 3570K
Motherboard- Gigabyte Z77-DS3H
Graphics- Intel HD 4000
Ram- 8gb
SSD- Sandisk 120gb Extreme

So I installed snow leopard but I have to use iBoot all the time as Snowleapord is not compatible with HD 4000. I also can't use the onboard Ethernet even with multibeast because of my board. So instead of buying a wireless card ( Which Im not sure is even compatible with my Motherboard) I purchased a Os Lion 10.7 thumb drive. I created the bootable USB drive without any trouble but when I tried to Boot from it, it would take to me to the chimera boot screen but when I hit "Enter" the screen goes blank and reboots.

Now I understand that Lion 10.7 is not compatible with HD 4000 & Ivy Bridge but I know 10.7.5 is very compatible with my specs but I only have 10.7 on the official apple thumb drive. If I was too put in a compatible graphics card for the installation would that work or would lion still not respond due to my Ivy bridge CPU.

I have a few options so I really need help. Should I buy a compatible Wireless card that runs on snowleopard and then download mountain lion instead which works perfectly with my specs. But I have searched everywhere for this card and can not find one and I would have wasted £20 on the apple thumb drive.
Is there anything else I can do just to get the installation done so that I can run my 10.7.5 combo update, then multi beast which will sort out everything. Then my ethernet will work fine and my hackintosh will be fully operational. Please if this is possible help me out, or if you have suggestions for an wireless card that works on my specs out the box then please tell me.:headbang:
Thanks in advance guys.

Hey this my first ever hackintosh build and the software is driving me crazy.:banghead:
CPU- Intel i5 3570K
Motherboard- Gigabyte Z77-DS3H
Graphics- Intel HD 4000
Ram- 8gb
SSD- Sandisk 120gb Extreme

So I installed snow leopard but I have to use iBoot all the time as Snowleapord is not compatible with HD 4000. I also can't use the onboard Ethernet even with multibeast because of my board. So instead of buying a wireless card ( Which Im not sure is even compatible with my Motherboard) I purchased a Os Lion 10.7 thumb drive. I created the bootable USB drive without any trouble but when I tried to Boot from it, it would take to me to the chimera boot screen but when I hit "Enter" the screen goes blank and reboots.

Now I understand that Lion 10.7 is not compatible with HD 4000 & Ivy Bridge but I know 10.7.5 is very compatible with my specs but I only have 10.7 on the official apple thumb drive. If I was too put in a compatible graphics card for the installation would that work or would lion still not respond due to my Ivy bridge CPU.

With Apple Lion thumb drive, run UniBeast, selecting the thumb drive as source and create the UniBeast USB installer. Then run BridgeHelper 3.01 or 4.01 (download from http://www.tonymacx86.com/downloads.php?do=cat&id=9 ), apply it to the UniBeast USB.
You should now be able to install 10.7.x from the UniBeast on Ivy Bridge. Immediately download the 10.7.5 update combo and run it, then run MultiBeast to get your build booting from HDD.
If the latest UniBeast doesn't work to get your USB installer, try the UniBeast - Lion thumbdrive version from the link above.

With Apple Lion thumb drive, run UniBeast, selecting the thumb drive as source and create the UniBeast USB installer. Then run BridgeHelper 3.01 or 4.01 (download from http://www.tonymacx86.com/downloads.php?do=cat&id=9 ), apply it to the UniBeast USB.
You should now be able to install 10.7.x from the UniBeast on Ivy Bridge. Immediately download the 10.7.5 update combo and run it, then run MultiBeast to get your build booting from HDD.
If the latest UniBeast doesn't work to get your USB installer, try the UniBeast - Lion thumbdrive version from the link above.

I remade my Unibeast USB with UniBeast- Lion thumbdrive version and then after completion I immedietly ran BridgeHelper 3.01. I restart computer select USB and the Chimera bootload screen comes up. I selected the installer but the same thing happened again, I would have tried some command promts but I dont know which ones to use. To sum up, this did not work for me, sorry to bother you again, but what can I do now to fix this problem?:crazy:

I remade my Unibeast USB with UniBeast- Lion thumbdrive version and then after completion I immedietly ran BridgeHelper 3.01. I restart computer select USB and the Chimera bootload screen comes up. I selected the installer but the same thing happened again, I would have tried some command promts but I dont know which ones to use. To sum up, this did not work for me, sorry to bother you again, but what can I do now to fix this problem?:crazy:

Try again with Bridge Helper 4.0.1. You might also try downloading the latest MultiBeast for Lion, run it and select only the Chimera boot loader and point it at the UniBeast USB.

I did that and it worked great, but i used bridgehelper 3.0.1 instead. Anyways the installer finally opened by itself and it installed 10.7 but when i select my lion install that i just downloaded it just restarts. So i followed advice and went back into the installer and into the terminal and typed
rm /Volumes/Lion/mach_kernel
Then i hit enter and typed:
cp /Volumes/USB/mach_kernel/Volumes/Lion/
i then hit enter again and then restarted from USB

I dont know what this meant, i think i was trying to redirect to the darwin kernel that came with bridgehelper. In the boot screen i selected Lion again but it didnt reboot, instead it said file not found in the top right hand corner. Then after being fustrated i selected the installer again and it booted into the welcome menu and i configured my keyboard etc and now im in the process of doing the combo update to 10.7.5 and then multibeast.

I did that and it worked great, but i used bridgehelper 3.0.1 instead. Anyways the installer finally opened by itself and it installed 10.7 but when i select my lion install that i just downloaded it just restarts. So i followed advice and went back into the installer and into the terminal and typed

I dont know what this meant, i think i was trying to redirect to the darwin kernel that came with bridgehelper. In the boot screen i selected Lion again but it didnt reboot, instead it said file not found in the top right hand corner. Then after being fustrated i selected the installer again and it booted into the welcome menu and i configured my keyboard etc and now im in the process of doing the combo update to 10.7.5 and then multibeast.

For some reason my combo update 10.7.5 won't install onto my target drive "Lion" and this is the reason it states below it:
"Error occurred while evaluating Javascript for the package"

So then I restarted again and i tried to boot from my "Lion" drive this time instead of my Install and then i got this error message flash in the top right:
"File not found"

So then I just booted from the Install again and it opened to my home screen so I ran multibeast 4.7 for lion and I downloaded chimera v1.11.1 and FakeSMC and for audio I chose without DSDT ALC88b/887 v100302 current and also for network Shailua's ALXE. I rebooted from usb and it still would not let me boot from "Lion" it just gave me a different error:
"can't find /system/library/caches/com.apple.kext.caches/startup/kernelcache"

So then i just booted from the installer again and it magically took me to my home screen and i found that my ethernet was working so safari connects to the internet. But there is no sound and i still can't do the combo update and target it at my "lion" drive, it only lets me target the unibeast usb at this moment.

Please help me, and if this is a lost cause should I just download mountain lion to the usb and go for a ivy bridge and hd4000 friendly mac os?
Also there is a chance that if i create a mountain-lion unibeast drive that it might just boot me back into lion? so if so how would i get around that? Sorry if i ask to many questions I'm just really new to this.

First, the problem is that the mach_kernel in the Lion USB which is installed to root does not support Ivy Bridge hardware. That is why you have to delete it and copy the mach_kernel from the UniBeast USB to your Lion root. Once you are at the desktop verify that you do have a mach_kernel in root. If you don't see one to begin with, open a terminal run a show all files command (if you don't know how see http://www.tonymacx86.com/basics/104464-how-show-hidden-files-finder.html ) and make sure.

Next, download your favorite package opener ( I use pacifict - https://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/6812/pacifist ) and open the UniBeast USB. Copy the mach_kernel to your HDD Lion root. Now when you reboot and select your Lion install it should boot OK.

First, the problem is that the mach_kernel in the Lion USB which is installed to root does not support Ivy Bridge hardware. That is why you have to delete it and copy the mach_kernel from the UniBeast USB to your Lion root. Once you are at the desktop verify that you do have a mach_kernel in root. If you don't see one to begin with, open a terminal run a show all files command (if you don't know how see http://www.tonymacx86.com/basics/104464-how-show-hidden-files-finder.html ) and make sure.

Next, download your favorite package opener ( I use pacifict - https://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/6812/pacifist ) and open the UniBeast USB. Copy the mach_kernel to your HDD Lion root. Now when you reboot and select your Lion install it should boot OK.

I downloaded Pacifist and I have everything ready, but can you please explain the deleting and copying the mach_kernel phase a bit better please, sorry to bother you but i dont want to make any mistakes, thanks in advance.

If you don't know what the above means, then it probably did not work as you might not have named things the same. For the command rm /Volumes/Lion/mach_kernel to work properly (it deletes mach_kernel from the root of your new Lion install), you had to name your partition you install to Lion when you formatted the HDD/SSD

For the command cp /Volumes/USB/mach_kernel /Volumes/Lion to work properly ( it copies the mach_kernel from the UniBeast USB root to your HDD Lion partition root), your Lion UniBeast USB has to be named USB when you formatted it and your partition on the HDD/SDD has to be named Lion.

So, what you need to do if you have to boot using the installer is first delete the mach_kernel installed by the Lion install app in the UniBeast USB and copy the mach_kernel from the USB root to your Lion root. I haven't looked at the structure of the UniBeast USB in some time, so you might not need pacifist - just open the USB in Finder and look for the mach_kernel in the USB root. If you don't see it, run the show all files command in terminal and look again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back