Motherboard
ASUS P8Z77-V LX
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
GTX 660 Ti
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I installed Clover onto my hard drive from my Hackintosh installation, but for some reason when I try to boot from the EFI partition, it always says "Insert boot device and press any key to continue."

However, when I boot from my USB, Clover works perfectly. Is there any reason why this may be?

In your MB BIOS you might want to double check that the drive is in your device boot list, and that your boot method is set to UEFI.

Yes, it is booting from the correct drive, and yes I have made sure it is booting in UEFI :lol:

Just had to cover all the bases ;)

What happens if you use F12 and manually select UEFI:yourdrivename ?

Hahaha, well I've tried doing that before, but it gives me the same error, I believe... I got a weird one at some point - Give me a second and I'll see if I can reproduce the error. :)

Hahaha, well I've tried doing that before, but it gives me the same error, I believe... I got a weird one at some point - Give me a second and I'll see if I can reproduce the error. :)

Okay, I tried booting manually from the EFI partition and from the hard disk itself, but they both result in the same message (insert a proper boot device). I also tried rearranging the boot order as well, but I get the same outcome.

Okay, I tried booting manually from the EFI partition and from the hard disk itself, but they both result in the same message (insert a proper boot device). I also tried rearranging the boot order as well, but I get the same outcome.
Are you absolutely certain you installed Clover in the EFI partition/UEFI mode?

this happens to me very often, the real reason is that some how your bios don't think your bootx64.efi is a valid boot option for uefi, and then refuse to boot with it.

the solution is also simple, you just need usb clover, and enter uefi shell, and manually add the boot option, for example

bcfg boot add 3 fs1:/EFI/CLOVER/CLOVERX64.efi "Clover Boot Loader"

that's all. in your system the actual efi partition may not be the fs1, so you have to try...

I had a dual install with Windows 10 and for me it was about 2 things:
1. Disabling Secure Boot (like here).
2. Using EasyUEFI to add Clover EFI loader to the list of options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back