CPU
i5 2320
Graphics
HD 6870
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
1. I have ML on one SSD and Windows 7 & 8 on a one HD. Everything was running fine. I can boot into any one of them with the spacebar.

2. I also have a spare SSD and I installed Mavericks. Successfull. At bootup, I could see and access all 4 OS's and choose with the spacebar.

3. Then on the next bootup, I got the "Load Operating System". I was able to narrow it down to the SSD that has ML. This was my main drive and had no problems in the past. But when I disconnected it, I am able to boot up to the new Maverics and Windows drives. If I connect it (ML), then I get the L.O.S blackscreen.

4. The SSD ML drive is detected in the bios. I even tried re connecting it after I booted up into Mavericks and I can read and access files on it. So the drive must be good.

5. Then I disconnected everything. All the drives and my video card (6870). Using the onboard video and just connecting the SSD (ML) that is causing the L.O.S blackscreen, I tried to boot up the unibeast USB as if I were trying a new installation and I got the "Load Operating System". The Unibeast USB is the same one I used to install the Mavericks so I know this is good.

6. I've tried different sata and power cables and to no avail. This SSD drive (ML) is causing the problem. It can be detected as mentioned in #4. This is puzzling. I hope someone can help out on this one.

I also tried to use the Unibeast with the SSD drive that has the new Mavericks installation and it works. So the bios must be ok.

With the SSD drive that has the ML installation, if it's connected, nothing works. Even the Unibeast USB doesn't work. I only get the "Loading Operating System" black screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back