Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo 510s-14isk (OpenCore UEFI)
CPU
i5-6257u
Graphics
Iris 550, 1920x1080
Hi everyone,
I have tried over and over again to install Windows 10 on the same SSD (the only one I have on my laptop) but I always get the same error.
The procedure I have followed is this one.
1)I have installed MacOS with Clover UEFI after setting the BIOS:
  • LEGACY SUPPORT
  • UEFI first
  • Disable fast boot
  • Disable secure boot
2)I partitioned the drive with:
  • MacOS (already installed) -> APFS
  • Windows10 -> MacOS Extended Journaled (about 60gb)
3)I have booted into Windows 10 EFI from boot menu using both a USB 2 and 3 port.
ALTERNATIVE 1
4)I have deleted Windows10 partition and created a new one
5)I get this error when selecting the primary partition created:
"We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one. For more information, see the Setup log files"
ALTERNATIVE 2
4)I have deleted Windows 10 partition and hit next
5)I get this error:
"Windows could not prepare the computer to boot into the next phase of installtion. To install Windows, restart the installation"

I will attach 2 photos I have taken of the errors.
Drive 0 partition 1 is the EFI partition where CLOVER is installed which is not visible in the photo.
Drive 0 partition 2 contains MacOS.

Attachments

• ALTERNATIVE1.jpg
    ALTERNATIVE1.jpg
    688.5 KB · Views: 564
  • ALTERNATIVE2.jpg
    ALTERNATIVE2.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 989

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everyone,
I have tried over and over again to install Windows 10 on the same SSD (the only one I have on my laptop) but I always get the same error.
The procedure I have followed is this one.
1)I have installed MacOS with Clover UEFI after setting the BIOS:
  • LEGACY SUPPORT
  • UEFI first
  • Disable fast boot
  • Disable secure boot
2)I partitioned the drive with:
  • MacOS (already installed) -> APFS
  • Windows10 -> MacOS Extended Journaled (about 60gb)
3)I have booted into Windows 10 EFI from boot menu using both a USB 2 and 3 port.
ALTERNATIVE 1
4)I have deleted Windows10 partition and created a new one
5)I get this error when selecting the primary partition created:
"We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one. For more information, see the Setup log files"
ALTERNATIVE 2
4)I have deleted Windows 10 partition and hit next
5)I get this error:
"Windows could not prepare the computer to boot into the next phase of installtion. To install Windows, restart the installation"

I will attach 2 photos I have taken of the errors.
Drive 0 partition 1 is the EFI partition where CLOVER is installed which is not visible in the photo.
Drive 0 partition 2 contains MacOS.

Correct way is to format (as NTFS, within the Windows installer) the placeholder HFS+J partition you created, then direct the installer to install to that partition.

Motherboard
CPU
i5-6257u
Graphics
Iris 550, 1920x1080
Correct way is to format (as NTFS, within the Windows installer) the placeholder HFS+J partition you created, then direct the installer to install to that partition.
I have just tried again to be sure it was partitioned to HFS+J correctly so I have done it via diskutil.
When I boot into Windows setup I can only delete the partition and not format it. When I delete it and create a new one I get the same error as ALTERNATIVE1. May I have to format the partition via diskpart?

Motherboard
ASUS X556UA-Clover
CPU
i5-6200U
Graphics
HD 520,1366x768
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have just tried again to be sure it was partitioned to HFS+J correctly so I have done it via diskutil.
When I boot into Windows setup I can only delete the partition and not format it. When I delete it and create a new one I get the same error as ALTERNATIVE1. May I have to format the partition via diskpart?
From my experience, I remember you should just select the unallocated space in the Windows installer after you delete the placeholder partition, then install the OS. No need to create an NTFS/whatever partition via the Windows installer.

Motherboard
CPU
i5-6257u
Graphics
Iris 550, 1920x1080
From my experience, I remember you should just select the unallocated space in the Windows installer after you delete the placeholder partition, then install the OS. No need to create an NTFS/whatever partition via the Windows installer.
After doing as you say I get an error as reported in ALTERNATIVE 2 :(
Anyway those should be created anyway when hitting "Next" on the installer so we are back at the starting point.

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS

Use diskpart.exe from cmd.exe. You can get a cmd.exe instance with Shift+f10.

Motherboard
CPU
i5-6257u
Graphics
Iris 550, 1920x1080
Use diskpart.exe from cmd.exe. You can get a cmd.exe instance with Shift+f10.
I still get the same error, could you explain me better which partitions and relative type to create in diskpart? I still assume I have to delete the HFS+J partition created from MacOS before creating them in diskpart right?

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I still get the same error, could you explain me better which partitions and relative type to create in diskpart? I still assume I have to delete the HFS+J partition created from MacOS before creating them in diskpart right?

Just format the placeholder HFS+J partition to NTFS using diskpart.exe 'format' command.
If you are not familiar with diskpart, you should read the documentation.

Motherboard
CPU
i5-6257u
Graphics
Iris 550, 1920x1080
Just format the placeholder HFS+J partition to NTFS using diskpart.exe 'format' command.
If you are not familiar with diskpart, you should read the documentation.
This is the output I get when using diskpart.
I can't select the volume (placeholder HFS+J partition) because it is not visible to format it (with diskpart format).

Attachments

• IMG_20171202_003839.jpg
    IMG_20171202_003839.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 367
  • IMG_20171202_003942.jpg
    IMG_20171202_003942.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 355
  • IMG_20171202_005241.jpg
    IMG_20171202_005241.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 333
Last edited:

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
This is the output I get when using diskpart.
I can't select the volume (placeholder HFS+J partition) because it is not visible to format it (with diskpart format).

No need to select a volume to format a partition. Format operates on the selected partition, not a selected volume.

Status
Not open for further replies.