Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Can't install, -v says: AMF: Only 128/256 slide values are useable|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS X99 Pro USB 3.1
CPU
i7-6800K
Graphics
RX480+HD5750
I tried installing from update and separately from a usb. I get the same freezup at clover boot:
AMF: Only 128/256 slide values are useable|
Valid slides: 128-255
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I remember the +++++++ from installing a couple of years back being an Aptio-type file problem. I just can't remember how I straightened it out.
I tried googling the above verbose, but no help. I examined my EFI -drivers and drivers64 and drivers64UEFI files and it seems the newer Clovers have grouped the inside files a bit differently. Can't figure out if I should try different Aptio files or what. Any info appreciated. Thanks johnm This is on my X99 rig, Thanks

Exact the same problem here :-/
Tried all different AptioMemories, but no success :(
I was reading the aptiomemoryfix thread on the other hackintosh forum that started in 2018 by vit6969 ( the guy that bestowed whatevergreen and lilu to us ). It is supposed to go through slide #s and pick the right one. I don't really understand it but I learned early on that research is the best way to get a solution even if you finally get frustrated and ask for help. I tried the last compiled aptiomemoryfix.efi that came with three other files and it did nothing either. I put slide=128 in as a boot arg and the all I got was ++++++... which was different than my original AMF: slide error. So I just hope someone with wherewithall will save us or we're stuck with mojave, which isn't so bad, seems catalina is giving fits to real mac owners with the no 32 bit apps and sidecar and other stuff. So just gotta be patient. I waited 18 months to use my radeon RX480 card before whatevergreen and lilu kext came out.

Ah @Gigamaxx , the man that led me to whatevergreen, after much crying for 18 months with my rx480, a couple of years back!! I will try that fix, thanks. I did post at that aptiomemoryfix thread at that other forum, we'll see if those heavy weights reply. Thanks Gigamax, pleasure you're still around.

Last edited:
now I get :

Freeing low memory (up to 0x20000000)...
Result = 0
OsxAptioFixDrv: Starting overrides for \System\Library|CoreServices\boot.efi
Using reloc block: no, Hibernate wake:no
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

still no boot, except into mojave, it is open to all aptios

now I get :

Freeing low memory (up to 0x20000000)...
Result = 0
OsxAptioFixDrv: Starting overrides for \System\Library|CoreServices\boot.efi
Using reloc block: no, Hibernate wake:no
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

still no boot, except into mojave, it is open to all aptios
What kernaltopatch do you have? Might be worth posting your EFI folder?

I found that using either using xcpm_bootstrap_ © Pike R. Alpha 10.15.x form here https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/335650-kernelandkextpatches-1013x1014x1015x-x99/ or enabling KernalXCPM would cause this. I was able to update and boot fine without them, but end up with no speedstep/turbo, which was working with Mojave, which means I'm back to Mojave again.

Thank you evman, I'll check those out.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    17 MB · Views: 4,769
Thanks @evman , especially for the efi. I'm going to add those kernalpatches and try to use your efi guts on my clover. I tried a bunch of stuff earlier today with no result. @weissi29, keep me posted if you get any results and I'll make sure to message you if I get a + result, Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back