RX580se
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Cannot install suplemental update Catalina. :(
10C1F816-74E0-40CE-B382-7B5E3F0A8A9D_1_105_c.jpeg

I cannot install today's supplemental update either. the hackintosh downloads it, and restarts, but I never get a "time remaining" display, just the regular scroll bar and the mac reboots once or twice then reloads back into the desktop without the update installed.
this is the first time I've had a problem installing an update.

Exactly what mine is doing.

Are you letting clover auto boot the system partition or are you selecting the "Install macOS" when clover GUI is displayed?
Turn off fast mode and set a timeout.

If you are not interacting with clover at boot time that could be why its not installing.
It never gets booted into the installer.
On a real mac this is not an issue but due to how clover can function it might cause clover to skip booting into the Install macOS installer

Here is the sequence when I run the most current Catalina supplemental update:

1) run update
2) restart
3) mac boots to Clover.
4) partition MacOS install prebooter on preboot is auto-selected and runs.
5) install runs for 20 seconds. never gets to "time remaining..."
6) hackintosh restarts
7) this time the MACOS partition is selected
8) mac boots to normal desktop
9) update is not installed

=
please note that I have not changed clover or anything else since the last time I ran a mac update (about a week ago), and that updated rebooted and installed fine (as it always has).

When I do updates or new installs I watch it reboot and if it does not auto select the "Install macOS on ......
I manually pick it until it disappears.

When I installed the Gold Master(final), beta 1 and 2 of 10.15.1
it will boot into installer for a less than a minute (20-40 seconds)
Then it reboots to finish the update.

I think I had beta 1 install it did not delete the install folder when it was finished
when I booted into Install macOS because it I though it had not finished, complained it could not be installed and opened startup disk
I rebooted and let clover pick my Catalina volume and beta 1 was installed correctly

Last edited:
When I do updates or new installs I watch it reboot and if it does not auto select the "Install macOS on ......
I manually pick it until it disappears.

When I installed the Gold Master(final), beta 1 and 2 of 10.15.1
it will boot into installer for a less than a minute (20-40 seconds)
Then it reboots to finish the update.

I think I had beta 1 install it did not delete the install folder when it was finished
when I booted into Install macOS because it I though it had not finished, complained it could not be installed and opened startup disk
I rebooted and let clover pick my Catalina volume and beta 1 was installed correctly

Hi, would you mind sharing your EFI folder with me?

I have the same bluid as you Z390 AORUS PRO, i9 9900K, RX 580 8g OC, SMBIOS is iMacPro 1,1 It works well but sidecar is blackout by T2 chip issue, I saw your post about that seems you have a workflow with sidecar.

I would be big happy if you will lose your minute to zip your efi folder and share it up.

Appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back