Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Target system:

Dell Precision 7530
Xeon E-2186M
128GB 2667MHz DDR4
2x 2TB Samsung NVMe + 1x 1TB Toshiba NVMe
Intel UHD 630 + nVidia Quadro P3200 6GB
Intel-based wireless and ethernet controllers, Intel-based USB and Thunderbolt controllers.

During the boot process of the installer (created using UniBeast on a Catalina-powered Mac Mini) on my Dell Precision 7530, it will hang up after three lines referencing the NVME controller (as there's three NVME drives), and then "apfs_module_start:1603: load: com.apple.filesystem.apfs, v1412.81.1, 2020/01/09"

after that, nothing, it's just frozen (30min+)

Anyone encountered this before?

apologies for the tiny text, it's a 4K display

IMG_20200129_234946.jpg

try IONVME patches in clover. you may have errors in your dsdt as well. post your problem files and some1 will gladly help you. also which Samsung drives do you have? is that where macOS is installed?

It's not installed yet, this is just during the boot for the installer.

Total noob hyar, are the problem files a log, and are they automatically logged?

Edit: not seeing any patching options for IONVME anywhere in Clover itself or the setup

Last edited:
what ssd are you trying to install macOS on? it really makes a difference the exact model of the nvme drive since some drives are not fully supported and cause these kind of issues. you can also try to prepare a config.plist and an EFI folder on your WORKING hackintosh with the patches and settings needed in config.plist and try the install again

There's two PM981's and a Toshiba KXG series; I'm aiming for the PM981, but would it be causing a problem simply booting from the USB?
PM981 is not supported, remove it

Okay, I'll try that on my next pass through.

Another thing: is it possible this bootloader is changing BIOS/EFI parameters? I've been seeing my switchable graphics somehow ending up disabled and can't tell if it's a bug in a recent BIOS update or a normal operating thing with the bootloader.

Okay, I'll try that on my next pass through.

Another thing: is it possible this bootloader is changing BIOS/EFI parameters? I've been seeing my switchable graphics somehow ending up disabled and can't tell if it's a bug in a recent BIOS update or a normal operating thing with the bootloader.
keep it disabled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back