Contribute
Register

Can't install on Catalina on Asus TUF Z390 w/ Intel UHD 630

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just delete it. Nothing to change in Clover. Try booting again after deleting.

So I deleted the custom SSDT file. It got a bit farther. But only a few more lines, and then it froze. I figured there were other custom fixes in the config.plist file that would have be examined.

So I went with OpenCore. I had already created a vanilla installer using their guide. I had run into the same graphics issue with that installer, but I didn't have to patch anything or futz with anything else. Of course, there is no automated installer like Unibeast or anything mildly simple setting up OpenCore.

I copied the iGPU device ID from Hackintool and then pasted it into OC's config.plist, and then it just booted and I brought over all my other files from my real Mac using Time Machine.

But of course there is a catch. The iGPU is now not accelerated and only showing 7 MB of free RAM so I'll need to fix that. It seems that a lot of builders have this issue, and yes, it's related to the device/platform ID of the iGPU and how it's related to the Model/macOS. If you have any suggestions that could help remedy this out of the gate, please let me know:

1600647319665.png

This whole 10.15.5+ Hackintosh install, this board/chipset (Z390), and Catalina are a real bear to get working together, and it took me a couple of weeks to get this far though I had a fully functional and hardware accelerated GPU and stable machine on Mojave

However, I want to thank @UtterDisbelief for pointing me in the right direction and @pastrychef for his relentless help in troubleshooting this. I probably couldn't even of gotten here. Thanks guys for your help!

So I deleted the custom SSDT file. It got a bit farther. But only a few more lines, and then it froze. I figured there were other custom fixes in the config.plist file that would have be examined.

So I went with OpenCore. I had already created a vanilla installer using their guide. I had run into the same graphics issue with that installer, but I didn't have to patch anything or futz with anything else. Of course, there is no automated installer like Unibeast or anything mildly simple setting up OpenCore.

I copied the iGPU device ID from Hackintool and then pasted it into OC's config.plist, and then it just booted and I brought over all my other files from my real Mac using Time Machine.

But of course there is a catch. The iGPU is now not accelerated and only showing 7 MB of free RAM so I'll need to fix that. It seems that a lot of builders have this issue, and yes, it's related to the device/platform ID of the iGPU and how it's related to the Model/macOS. If you have any suggestions that could help remedy this out of the gate, please let me know:

View attachment 488896

This whole 10.15.5+ Hackintosh install, this board/chipset (Z390), and Catalina are a real bear to get working together, and it took me a couple of weeks to get this far though I had a fully functional and hardware accelerated GPU and stable machine on Mojave

However, I want to thank @UtterDisbelief for pointing me in the right direction and @pastrychef for his relentless help in troubleshooting this. I probably couldn't even of gotten here. Thanks guys for your help!

Use 3E9B0000 with these two. Or post your config.plsit and I'll help you put it in.

1600647319665.png

Use 3E9B0000 with these two. Or post your config.plsit and I'll help you put it in.

to my knowledge, you can only control the later iGPU device number In OpenCore. I’m unfamiliar or it’s not possible to change just the “Platform ID“. Or another value may have to be added in OC’s config.plist. I haven’t been able to find anything. I think if I change the device ID, it won’t boot but I can give it a shot.

I swapped out the device ID, and got the exact same result. Though Hackintool indicates no change. This leads me to believe there could be some kind of kernel caching?? I'm exploring how to mimic the overall "Platform ID" in OpenCore.

I did get the framebuffer error captured this time before reboot. (Ignore the audio errors for now!)

1600695917211.png

I swapped out the device ID, and got the exact same result. Though Hackintool indicates no change. This leads me to believe there could be some kind of kernel caching?? I'm exploring how to mimic the overall "Platform ID" in OpenCore.

I did get the framebuffer error captured this time before reboot. (Ignore the audio errors for now!)

View attachment 488930

You change the ig-platform-id and device-id the same way as you do it in Clover. Just go to Device Properties.

You change the ig-platform-id and device-id the same way as you do it in Clover. Just go to Device Properties.
As far as I know, you can only change the ig-platform-id which I perceive to be the IG PU Device ID in Hackintool

As far as I know, you can only change the ig-platform-id which I perceive to be the IG PU Device ID in Hackintool

You can change both. Just add it in Device Properties.

You can change both. Just add it in Device Properties.

Found out to add device-id in OC which is similar to Clover. Though I suspect the way these hex values are stored is reversed (sorta), not output the same the macOS, or different in an unknown way. However, for the sake of experimentation, I put both values in "device-id" and AAPL,ig-platform-id

OC Config.plist:
1600704804069.png

Hackintool after reboot:
Model / Platform ID:
1600704935045.png

iGPU Info:
1600704997115.png

Found out to add device-id in OC which is similar to Clover. Though I suspect the way these hex values are stored is reversed (sorta), not output the same the macOS, or different in an unknown way. However, for the sake of experimentation, I put both values in "device-id" and AAPL,ig-platform-id

OC Config.plist:
View attachment 488947

Hackintool after reboot:
Model / Platform ID:
View attachment 488948
iGPU Info:
View attachment 488949

I don't think you are entering them correctly. Here's what it looks like in my config.plist:

Screen Shot 2020-09-21 at 12.23.41 PM.png

Note: Ignore the frambuffer stuff. You don't need it.

Last edited:
Ignore the frambuffer stuff. You don't need it.

Ah, OK, this makes sense with how you reversed the hex numbers. I figured it was something like that, but I couldn't figure out which was which. I'll give it a shot.

So when you put the "#" in front of a value, does it make it just a comment an essentially removes it from the config?

BTW, as an experiment, if I put in an ID that didn't work, I was still able to do a Screen Share/VNC and login.

I'll let you know my results shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back