HD4000
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

I am trying to finalize my install of OSX Catalina (10.15.6) on my build but can't get Multibeast to install to the hard drive. It is giving me the error with a large yellow exclamation mark stating that the installation has failed and to check the multibeast.log for more info. I do not see a .log file anywhere and I have also gone into recovery and disabled csrutil so I do not think it is that. The only thing other than the default quick start and install multibeast/clover in UEFI mode I'm trying to install is the sound driver (AppleALC) due to my sound card not currently working in the system.

What else can be causing this error?

Buid:

Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Mobo
I7-3770K (non-overclocked)
16GB DDR3 Ram
nVidia GTX 970 (will be disabled for final build as no support in Catalina)
Samsung 850 evo 250GB SSD Drive (OSX Catalina installed on)
Genuine Apple Broadcom AC/BT Combo Card (for handoff (hopefully) )

-Cheers,

I should add i figured out how to disable csr (had to modify the config.plist on my USB drive; reboot and it worked). And now that csrutil shows deactivated it still will not work. And this is also after mounting the EFI partition as RW using hackintool.

Sorry about that; thought it was covered in my signature.

So in order just to see WTF was going on I decided to backtrack a bit and tried out Mojave and so far no issues with running Mojave; up to and including working handoff, iMessage, etc.

I thought that maybe with a working Mojave install I would try updating clover or using the Catalina multibeast installer to update Clover to a version compatible with Catalina but whichever method I use I get kernel panic during boot when trying to get back into Mojave. Really confused at this point now.

Sorry about that; thought it was covered in my signature.

So in order just to see WTF was going on I decided to backtrack a bit and tried out Mojave and so far no issues with running Mojave; up to and including working handoff, iMessage, etc.

I thought that maybe with a working Mojave install I would try updating clover or using the Catalina multibeast installer to update Clover to a version compatible with Catalina but whichever method I use I get kernel panic during boot when trying to get back into Mojave. Really confused at this point now.
boot verbose and take a pic to upload here so we can see your kernel panic

boot verbose and take a pic to upload here so we can see your kernel panic
Well, getting a little something different. This is the error I'm getting after trying to update Clover 4934 (from the Mojave Multibeast) to Clover_r5136.pkg

IMG_0894.JPG

Hi,

I am trying to finalize my install of OSX Catalina (10.15.6) on my build but can't get Multibeast to install to the hard drive. It is giving me the error with a large yellow exclamation mark stating that the installation has failed and to check the multibeast.log for more info. I do not see a .log file anywhere and I have also gone into recovery and disabled csrutil so I do not think it is that. The only thing other than the default quick start and install multibeast/clover in UEFI mode I'm trying to install is the sound driver (AppleALC) due to my sound card not currently working in the system.

What else can be causing this error?

Buid:

Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Mobo
I7-3770K (non-overclocked)
16GB DDR3 Ram
nVidia GTX 970 (will be disabled for final build as no support in Catalina)
Samsung 850 evo 250GB SSD Drive (OSX Catalina installed on)
Genuine Apple Broadcom AC/BT Combo Card (for handoff (hopefully) )

-Cheers,
You really should move onto Opencore if you want to boot Catalina.
That's because Clover development has been largely abandoned for Catalina (afaik) due to the tougher memory restrictions used by macOS. There will be an updated Unibeast/Multibeast for Big Sur I believe but I don't know when that will happen as MacMan who makes it is still recovering. So OC is best for now. Try using OC 0.6.5 with Catalina.

You really should move onto Opencore if you want to boot Catalina.
That's because Clover development has been largely abandoned for Catalina (afaik) due to the tougher memory restrictions used by macOS. There will be an updated Unibeast/Multibeast for Big Sur I believe but I don't know when that will happen as MacMan who makes it is still recovering. So OC is best for now. Try using OC 0.6.5 with Catalina.

Hi,

That is something I have considered in the past and may have to look back into. The last time I tried to configure opencore 0.6.9 (last weekend) I was unable to get anything at all to boot. I'll re-look into it as I do have a spare HD I can install Mojave to and try to use opencore with.

-Cheers,

You could also drop back to Clover_r5119 or r5120 as both of those versions of Clover work with Catalina.

They were probably the last good versions of Clover, without the developers forcing the use of OpenCore and making a mess of the boot loader.

When looking at switching to OpenCore you may need to look at setting it up to boot in Legacy Mode, depending on your motherboard's bios. This is most definitely the case if you are currently using Clover to boot in legacy mode. It is also the most likely reason you couldn't get anything to boot, as you need to have the 'boot' file exposed on the root of the USB for OpenCore to boot in Legacy Mode. The same as you would need do if booting Clover in legacy mode.

You could also drop back to Clover_r5119 or r5120 as both of those versions of Clover work with Catalina.

They were probably the last good versions of Clover, without the developers forcing the use of OpenCore and making a mess of the boot loader.

When looking at switching to OpenCore you may need to look at setting it up to boot in Legacy Mode, depending on your motherboard's bios. This is most definitely the case if you are currently using Clover to boot in legacy mode. It is also the most likely reason you couldn't get anything to boot, as you need to have the 'boot' file exposed on the root of the USB for OpenCore to boot in Legacy Mode. The same as you would need do if booting Clover in legacy mode.
Thanks for the input Edhawk. I am actually using a UEFI setup though. I did have access to the EFI partition but for some reason the multibeast Catalina installer would not load to the drive. This was after using Hackintool to disable gatekeeper, mount the EFI partition and also disabling security and having a status of disabled when using csrutil status.

I'll look more at Opencore I think just need to know how to properly configure it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back