1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
[SOLVED] Can't install Lion on GA-H61MA-D3V (rev 2.0 F4) + G630

Hi All,

Failed to install Lion on my GA-H61MA-D3V (rev 2.0 F4) + G630 (+ on board graphics). Got the apple logo, but installer doesn't start. Always ended up with a white screen with the mouse pointer or friezed at apple logo.:banghead:

Checked with GraphicsEnabler=No as well. Also switched the graphics cable type DVI -> VGA, but no luck!

Please advice.

SOLVED!!!

Not sure about Lion, but I managed to install and run Mountain Lion in Safe Mode (-x). Couldn't find a way to run it in the normal mode. Finally decided to buy a cheap Graphic card - Asus NVIDIA GT610 ($ 49 in MSY, Australia).

With GT610, I reinstalled ML in safe mode, applied this fix -> "http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/64658-nvidia-gt610-10-8-fix.html" and multibeast (boot loader without DSDT + Lnx2Mac's RTL81xx network driver) and hurrah!!!

Anyway, there are few more issues to be fixed :(
Audio
USB3
SATA 6G ports
BIOS reset after power off

Hi.

Do you need DSDT?

I have same motherboard and same BIOS version and my own custom DSDT, completely clean, no errors,

ALC sound injected, RTC fix, BIOS reset fix, SATA and USB native and ethernet fix

the only thing I dont inject is videocard or HDMI sound

Hi - I have same M/B and same BIOS - if you are still offering the DSDT would be great...

DSDT also needed here.

thanks in advance!!

Hi All,

Failed to install Lion on my GA-H61MA-D3V (rev 2.0 F4) + G630 (+ on board graphics). Got the apple logo, but installer doesn't start. Always ended up with a white screen with the mouse pointer or friezed at apple logo.:banghead:

Checked with GraphicsEnabler=No as well. Also switched the graphics cable type DVI -> VGA, but no luck!

Please advice.

a. onboard gfx on the G630 is unsupported in OS X any version.
b. GTX6xx series gfx cards is unsupported in 10.7.x Lion - you need 10.8.x Mountain Lion.

Hi again... sorry for be late..

here is my DSDT atachment.. and remember... no videocard included... jusst basic editing, thernet fix, speedstep, cosmetic fixes... and of course clean and free of errors.

Is for rev 2.0 and the last update included @ gigabyte bios downloads site (F4)

thanks a lot!

btw, I've couldn't help noticing that currently you have a P67A-D3-B3.
did you upgrade only because of features (faster memory support, ...) or you experienced some problems with the H61MA-D3V?

...but my old H61 was working PERFECT on my hackint0sh with my custom dsdt

glad to hear that!

was looking at this board for quite some time as a cheap hack solution, as they don't sell anymore my last year favorite el-cheapo H61M-S2V-B3 that works perfectly for me in three hacks for a year and a half already. two of them running latest 10.8.2 with all updates.

plus, D3V has USB3.0 and 2xSATA3 support which is something that I've currently missing big time.

so, thanks again for the DSDT. will let you know how it went as soon as I manage to get some time to update one of my hacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back