Contribute
Register

Can‘t install High Sierra on NUC i5 4250u D54250WYK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi mates,
would very appreciate your help to solve this:

Got an i5 4250u Intel NUC Model D54250WYK with an intel 128GB mSATA SSD and 8 GB RAM. I don‘t really need wifi as I‘ll simply use ethernet.

This is my first try on a Hackintosh so I don‘t really know what to do.

What I did:

I got my Macbook Air on High Sierra and downloaded the High Sierra Installer from the Appstore. It was the 19MB app as an online-installer.

So to get that full system installer app I had to run the setup and abort the restart after it was downloaded. I then copied the files into the app with the terminal from a tutorial here on the forum.

So now I had the big High Sierra install File (5GB). I installed the USB stick with unibeast and also included multibeast and a folder with kexts on the USB (after erasing it to mac os extended journal), and then changed my BIOS Settings (I use UEFI). Clover booted up and I selected the Install Setup.

I erased my SSD as ATFS Filesystem and started the installation procedure, after the progressbar went to to „2 minutes remaining“ it would do a restart and the apple logo with the progress bar appears. when it comes to about 40% it just pops up a window saying the following:
(not a quote, translating it from german)

macOS coudn‘t be installed on your computer

There was an error when loading the installation-ressources. Close the installation programm and restart your computer to try again.

Okay that was a long Thread... I really hope you guys will help me to solve this, I really want to get this workong and I really appreciate your help guys <3

Hi mates,
would very appreciate your help to solve this:

Got an i5 4250u Intel NUC Model D54250WYK with an intel 128GB mSATA SSD and 8 GB RAM. I don‘t really need wifi as I‘ll simply use ethernet.

This is my first try on a Hackintosh so I don‘t really know what to do.

What I did:

I got my Macbook Air on High Sierra and downloaded the High Sierra Installer from the Appstore. It was the 19MB app as an online-installer.

So to get that full system installer app I had to run the setup and abort the restart after it was downloaded. I then copied the files into the app with the terminal from a tutorial here on the forum.

So now I had the big High Sierra install File (5GB). I installed the USB stick with unibeast and also included multibeast and a folder with kexts on the USB (after erasing it to mac os extended journal), and then changed my BIOS Settings (I use UEFI). Clover booted up and I selected the Install Setup.

I erased my SSD as ATFS Filesystem and started the installation procedure, after the progressbar went to to „2 minutes remaining“ it would do a restart and the apple logo with the progress bar appears. when it comes to about 40% it just pops up a window saying the following:
(not a quote, translating it from german)

macOS coudn‘t be installed on your computer

There was an error when loading the installation-ressources. Close the installation programm and restart your computer to try again.

Okay that was a long Thread... I really hope you guys will help me to solve this, I really want to get this workong and I really appreciate your help guys <3

Take a look at this thread. I followed this install and it's working on my NUC. (Note my nuc is not the D54250WYK)

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...efi-nuc7i7bnh-nuc7i5bnk-nuc7i3bnh-etc.233241/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back