Contribute
Register

Can't Install From a New Ivy Bridge Laptop??? Here's help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Acer S3 (S3-391) Ultrabook
CPU
i5-3317u
Graphics
Intel HD4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
If you ONLY have USB 3.0 ports and cannot boot into the Unibeast Installer,
have a look at this:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...-s3-s5-ultrabook-master-forum.html#post400598

It simply says that you need to use the "Legacy USB" option from the Unibeast 1.5.2 installer (even though you don't have an older Gigabyte 1156 chipset as stated).

Respond THERE if you have an ACER S3, but HERE if you have a different machine.

Goo Luck, y'all.
-hwthrn

I have an Asus UX32VD with only USB 3.0 ports and when I make the usb stick with Unibeast 1.5.2 with the boxes checked and boot from the USB drive I end up stopping at "Still waiting for root device." From what I can tell it is USB related because I can write a bootable image to the built-in 32GB SSD and the system will boot to the installer. However, I want to install OSX to the 32GB SSD so I cannot install it.

I have an Asus UX32VD with only USB 3.0 ports and when I make the usb stick with Unibeast 1.5.2 with the boxes checked and boot from the USB drive I end up stopping at "Still waiting for root device." From what I can tell it is USB related because I can write a bootable image to the built-in 32GB SSD and the system will boot to the installer. However, I want to install OSX to the 32GB SSD so I cannot install it.

Try to boot with "PCIRootUID=0"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back