Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell Inspiron 7559
CPU
Intel Core i7 6700MQ
Graphics
Nvidia Geforce GTX960M (4GB)
hello guys this is my first time installing the MAC OS X I don't know if I miss something but when the system is loading before let me start with the installation the apple change to a circle with the bar inside my ring

Motherboard: MSI h170a Gaming Pro
CPU: Intel i5 6600k
GPU: GTX 750 ti/ integrated intel 530
RAM: Crucial DDR4 2133
HDD: 500 GB 7200/ 1TB SSHD

Note: I don't have USB, I'm using a SD cad with a usb adapter.

UniBeast: Install OS X El Capitan on Any Supported Intel-based PC

hello guys this is my first time installing the MAC OS X I don't know if I miss something but when the system is loading before let me start with the installation the apple change to a circle with the bar inside my ring

Take a look here. Testing Thread: Skylake Platform in OS X

UniBeast: Install OS X El Capitan on Any Supported Intel-based PC

To sum up the current state of Skylake hardware and El Capitan: It only works on real, late 2015 iMacs
so far. Don't even try it until we get better support from Apple with 10.11.3. Install Windows first and
test out all your hardware and wait a while.

Hello, my fellow same mobo user. I recommend you install macOS Sierra instead of El-Capitan. I have installed it and it's freaking awesome and works great but, I haven't fully configured it yet so the audio isn't working for now (I got it to work before but then it just stopped, will try again) and also there are some artifacts with the Intel HD 530 on the top-left corner of the screen and I can't seem to find any fix for it but I'll keep trying.
Anyhow, here is what to do if you decide to install Sierra on your rig:
1- Download "Install macOS Sierra.app" from the AppStore (you're gonna need a running mac/hack for this)
2- Make sure you are connected to the Intel HD 350 through HDMI on the rig you wanna install Sierra on (and I'm saying that as I'm unable to run it on my NVIDIA card and I've seen people reporting that they have problems with DP, also that's what I'm using so what I'm describing here is regarding these settings but it might work on other setups)
3- Follow the guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ierra-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.200564/ until you create your USB with UniBeast then follow these steps carefully:
a- Open the "EFI" partition created by UniBeast > EFI > CLOVER > drivers64UEFI and delete everything in there and extract the attached zip inside so that the contents now are only: "FSInject-64.efi" - "HFSPlus.efi" - "OsxAptioFix2Drv.efi" - "OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi"
b- Locate "config.plist" at "EFI" partition > EFI > CLOVER and open it
c- Change your boot args to be "dart=0 nv_disable=1 slide=0 kext-dev-mode=1" and make sure you have "Intel" under "Graphics" > "Inject" set to true/YES and "NVIDIA" set to false/NO (note that the value is either true or YES and the same with false or NO depending on the tool you are using to edit the plist file)
d- At this point we are almost done. Now, download "NullCPUPowerManagement.kext" and place it under "EFI" partition > EFI > CLOVER > kexts > Other, and also under "10.11" and "10.10" just to make sure​
4- Plug the USB you just prepared in the targeted rig and boot from it (first make sure the settings in BIOS are set as the guide states and that you have the graphics set to the integrated one also, make sure you have the graphics memory option in the BIOS set to either 64mb or 96mb maximum)
5- Run the installer and follow the formatting and partitioning steps in the guide mentioned in step 3, then install

And that's it. You can add "-v" to the boot args to catch any errors or panics that might occur.

Thought I would mention the steps I did to install Sierra on my rig as it may help anyone in need for help even if you don't want to install Sierra, but if you do, let me know so that I would tell you the post-installation process and what to check in Multibeast to get graphics accelerated and other stuff.

Hope this helps you in one way or another!
Wish you the best..

Attachments

• drivers64UEFI.zip
    37.2 KB · Views: 118
omarbasha, thanks for the awesome tips and the included zip! Did you rebuild those drivers somehow?

I have everything working on my MSI H170 A PC MATE except for iMessage (haven't followed any guides for that yet) and I'm assuming FaceTime (haven't checked).

I'm sure in your guide you mean Intel HD 530. After I disabled my GPU, I connected one of my monitors via DVI to my onboard graphics. I had a top-left menu glitch after the install. I shut down and went to the UEFI and re-enabled my lowly GT 730 (not even an option for my signature) and both my non-HDMI monitors were working upon reboot with my GPU. My next upgrades are going to be GPU and 4K monitor, haha.

Like I said, I re-enabled my GPU in the UEFI after doing the Unibeast/Multibeast install. Can I re-enable some of the other items that were disabled, or will that break my install?

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I installed Sierra.

Last edited:
omarbasha, thanks for the awesome tips and the included zip! Did you rebuild those drivers somehow?

I have everything working on my MSI H170 A PC MATE except for iMessage (haven't followed any guides for that yet) and I'm assuming FaceTime (haven't checked).

I'm sure in your guide you mean Intel HD 530. After I disabled my GPU, I connected one of my monitors via DVI to my onboard graphics. I had a top-left menu glitch after the install. I shut down and went to the UEFI and re-enabled my lowly GT 730 (not even an option for my signature) and both my non-HDMI monitors were working upon reboot with my GPU. My next upgrades are going to be GPU and 4K monitor, haha.

Like I said, I re-enabled my GPU in the UEFI after doing the Unibeast/Multibeast install. Can I re-enable some of the other items that were disabled, or will that break my install?

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I installed Sierra.

You're more than welcome and no I found the drivers online after a good big fat search :D. As for iMessage and FaceTime I haven't configured those yet, sorry can't help you with them. As for the disabled items in the BIOS, to be honest, I didn't bother to try to re-enable them, don't know what would happen if you do.
Did you succeed in getting rid of the top-left GPU artifacts?

Really glad I could be of any help. Hope you get those upgrades ASAP :D

You're more than welcome and no I found the drivers online after a good big fat search :D. As for iMessage and FaceTime I haven't configured those yet, sorry can't help you with them. As for the disabled items in the BIOS, to be honest, I didn't bother to try to re-enable them, don't know what would happen if you do.

Hey! I did see the top-left artifacts, but they were only there when I still had my monitors connected to my on-board graphics. Once I toggled the UEFI selection and reconnected my monitors to my graphics card, there was absolutely no problem. Cheers, mate!

Hello omarbasha thanks for the helpful tips !

I need your help to get graphics accelerated and sound in Multibeast please !

My GTX 970 is not recognize,

I have a Creative Sound Blaster Z and the sound does not work

This is my first hackintosh I try to learn alone but now I'm blocked ! :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back