Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I am quite new to making Hackintoshes. I wanted to make a Hackintosh out of my Dell Inspiron 1525 today because I simply despise Windows 7.

Anyway, no matter what I do in the BIOS settings or whatever, I can get to iBoot (non-legacy) and select the Mac OS X disc, but it just reboots the computer and starts up Windows. This has also happened with another bootloader I've tried.

Yes, I've tried entering safe mode. Yes, I tried setting my startup to look for discs first. Nothing I try to do seems to work. Is there something I'm missing? It's not my version of Mac OS X either, I'm using a perfectly working retail version of Snow Leopard. I've also tried Leopard and Tiger with no luck.

Thanks for your time.

Hi dakotar,

I still have the same problem with that guide. It's actually the first method I tried.

I've heard something about having to wipe the hard drive clean in order for it to work. I may have misunderstood, but does that have something to do with it?

Thanks!

Okay, I just tried using iBoot Legacy and I finally got to the Apple logo. However, that stuck around for a while and then I got stuck on a black screen. At least I'm making progress.

What does it say when you boot verbose? -v

It gave me a big string of code, got stuck for a bit, briefly gave me a gray screen, and then got stuck in the black screen again.

What does it end at?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back