Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey, been reading this board for a while, couple months ago helped a complete newbie build a working hackintosh with almost no problems.

Just recently installed win7 as a dual boot, everything works fine, but I cannot get my wireless keyboard to bring up the chameleon boot prompt if I want to boot into windows (have to use my roommates wired keyboard and switch to wireless after I boot into windows).

I know it is impossible to use wireless keyboard to access BIOS, is it the same deal for chameleon prompt?

Thanks

I had no trouble at all using my Apple Wireless or Logitech DiNovo wireless keyboards to choose OS in Chameleon. I just used the arrow keys and hit enter. Worked fine. Where is your bluetooth dongle plugged in? Is it directly in a USB port in the PC or on a hub? (in a monitor or other hub?)

It is plugged directly into slot 1 in the mobo (at the back of the case of course). It is a Targus ACB10US, which I only bought after a lot of research (here and elsewhere) because it allows wake from sleep.

What dongle has worked for people? Much rather buy a new dongle than have to buy another wired keyboard just to use to log into windows.

theNINTHcircle said:
Just recently installed win7 as a dual boot, everything works fine, but I cannot get my wireless keyboard to bring up the chameleon boot prompt if I want to boot into windows (have to use my roommates wired keyboard and switch to wireless after I boot into windows).

Have you tried plugging your bluetooth dongle into the port that you use for your roommates wired keyboard?

carbine said:
theNINTHcircle said:

Have you tried plugging your bluetooth dongle into the port that you use for your roommates wired keyboard?

Ah huh. It has quite a lot of ports, and I tried most of them, including the one where I plug the wired keyboard. Since I now know that a bluetooth dongle will work with chameleon prompt, I have a feeling it is just one of those inexplicable things with a hackintosh where getting a new dongle would fix the problem. If that doesn't work I will def be back.

AND...if anyone else has come across this please let me know what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back