Contribute
Register

Can't get USB Bluetooth working with 10.11 El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure I follow what you mean.

Check in the driver properties in Windows Device Manager. If it needs a firmware uploader, the HEX file will be shown as part of the driver file listing.

Check in the driver properties in Windows Device Manager. If it needs a firmware uploader, the HEX file will be shown as part of the driver file listing.

Where exactly do I need to look for this information? I have the Properties window open. Do you need the Driver Details?

Yes. Poke around in there and you'll find the files that make up the driver.

The only driver it appears to be currently using is C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\tosrfusb.sys, which is a Toshiba Bluetooth driver that I'm using to allow Wii U Pro Controllers to connect to my machine, as well as native support for Sony's PlayStation 4 controllers. That being said, when plugged into a device that doesn't have these special drivers set up, it appears as using the following slurry of drivers (..\ shorthanding C:\WINDOWS\system32 in this case):
  • ..\btwdi.dll
  • ..\BtwRSupportService.exe
  • ..\drivers\bcbtums.sys
  • ..\drivers\BCM20702B0_002.001.014.0527.0557.hex
  • ..\DRIVERS\bthport.sys
  • ..\DRIVERS\BTHUSB.sys
  • ..\drivers\btwampfl.sys
  • ..\fsquirt.exe

The only driver it appears to be currently using is C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\tosrfusb.sys, which is a Toshiba Bluetooth driver that I'm using to allow Wii U Pro Controllers to connect to my machine, as well as native support for Sony's PlayStation 4 controllers. That being said, when plugged into a device that doesn't have these special drivers set up, it appears as using the following slurry of drivers (..\ shorthanding C:\WINDOWS\system32 in this case):
  • ..\btwdi.dll
  • ..\BtwRSupportService.exe
  • ..\drivers\bcbtums.sys
  • ..\drivers\BCM20702B0_002.001.014.0527.0557.hex
  • ..\DRIVERS\bthport.sys
  • ..\DRIVERS\BTHUSB.sys
  • ..\drivers\btwampfl.sys
  • ..\fsquirt.exe

It requires a firmware uploader. But BrcmPatchRAM does not support any 'B0' devices.

Those devices use a different protocol for firmware upload.

You need to acquire a device that is supported either directly or indirectly by BrmcPatchRAM.

It requires a firmware uploader. But BrcmPatchRAM does not support any 'B0' devices.

Those devices use a different protocol for firmware upload.

You need to acquire a device that is supported either directly or indirectly by BrmcPatchRAM.

Any idea why it worked before in Yosemite? At this point I'm just curious. If Bluetooth won't work, then it won't work. I at least can use it for Windows.

Any idea why it worked before in Yosemite? At this point I'm just curious. If Bluetooth won't work, then it won't work. I at least can use it for Windows.

It will probably work if you boot Windows to load firmware, then restart into 10.11, provided you have an correct injector installed for 10.11.

It will probably work if you boot Windows to load firmware, then restart into 10.11, provided you have an correct injector installed for 10.11.
I'm not ashamed to admit that I have no idea what you're talking about here. Would I need to uninstall the Toshiba drivers first, install the basic, standard set of drivers, and then reboot into OS X? Or am I thinking about this all wrong?

I'm not ashamed to admit that I have no idea what you're talking about here. Would I need to uninstall the Toshiba drivers first, install the basic, standard set of drivers, and then reboot into OS X? Or am I thinking about this all wrong?

For OS X, you need an injector kext to load the Broadcom drivers when running OS X.

Firmware will have to be loaded first, hence the need to restart from Windows. It will not solve the problem of firmware load after sleep/wake.

Best to install supported hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back