GA-P43T-ES3G rev 1.3
CPU
<< need model # >> See Forum Rules !!
Graphics
430 GT
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey -

I'm trying to install Mountain Lion using Unibeast ( no previous installation, though I used to have SL & Lion on the same machine ) on this computer:
GA-P43T-ES3G
Nvidia GT 430 With 2 monitors in DVI and VGA
4GB Ram
Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.77Ghz

When I tried to boot normally, I just got the loading screen - white background and apple logo in grey in the middle, and after a while the screen went black.
It's not that the installation is giving a "Black screen" output, it just gives no output at all ( my monitor is saying "No signal could be found" ).

I tried booting with -v to see where it fails, and the black screen occurs when the installation says "PCI CONFIGURATION BEGIN". it hangs for a couple of seconds with that text, than the black screen occurs.

I tried booting with -x, GraphicsEnabler=No, PCIRootUID=0, yet I get the same result on all of those.

I know that there are a couple of problems with the Fermi Nvidia GPUs, but I Thought they were only sleep related, and they should not interrupt the installation.

Anybody knows how to solve this? Also, could I just connect my monitor to my onboard gpu and after the installation is done connect it back to my GPU?

Thank you for the help and have a nice weekend,
Niv.

EDIT:
I came across someone saying to try npci=0x2000 boot flag. When I do this I get the same black screen, only without the PCI Configuration begin before it.

First, I think I already read many times here, that Apple is not supporting VGA output, so there is no way you would get something from that one. Use the DVI and/or HDMI (with possible adaptor)

And second, for your installation, I also read many times that you could try without the GPU installed.
Run all the uni/multibeast, etc. install OSX. Then when all is running from the integrated graphics, you can add your GPU.
This is going to be link to the integrated graphics (if you have)

I have a MSI GT430 with a Ga-Z68MA-D2H-B3 + 2600k and got the installer perfect on VGA, yes VGA, just replace this org.chameleon.Boot.plist file in USB/Extra (hidden):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Boot Banner</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Instant Menu</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>npci=0x3000 PCIRootUID=0</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Thank you all for your replies :)

First, I think I already read many times here, that Apple is not supporting VGA output, so there is no way you would get something from that one. Use the DVI and/or HDMI (with possible adaptor)

And second, for your installation, I also read many times that you could try without the GPU installed.
Run all the multibeast, etc. install OSX. Then when all is running from the integrated graphics, you can add your GPU.
This is going to be link to the integrated graphics (if you have)

My main output is the DVI one, so the VGA problem is not relevant at the moment.
Apparently my integrated graphics is antic, I can't even find the proper cable to connect my monitor to in this board :S
I also don't have any installed osx on my machine, so nothing to use Multibeast on.

I have a MSI GT430 with a Ga-Z68MA-D2H-B3 + 2600k and got the installer perfect on VGA, yes VGA, just replace this org.chameleon.Boot.plist file in USB/Extra (hidden):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Boot Banner</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Instant Menu</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>npci=0x3000 PCIRootUID=0</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Thank you, I will use it when I get to that point :) Unfortunately I'm not there yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
For some reason If I write boot flags that overlaps the org.chameleon.Boot.plist file in USB/Extra made from unibeast, a conflict seems to take place...thats why I asked you to replace that file for the given one...works ok for me in a 1156 and 1155 system, dont forget to put in BIOS primary graphics as PEG, HPET and AHCI mode for SATA....thats it

For some reason If I write boot flags that overlaps the org.chameleon.Boot.plist file in USB/Extra made from unibeast, a conflict seems to take place...thats why I asked you to replace that file for the given one...works ok for me in a 1156 and 1155 system, dont forget to put in BIOS primary graphics as PEG, HPET and AHCI mode for SATA....thats it
It was set to PCI instead of PEG, but it still doesn't work >:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the same issues with my gt210 vid card. i get the black screen after the apple logo screen or it will just stay stuck on the gray screen. I didn't have issues with Lion or SL but with ML it just doesn't allow me to proceed with the installation screen.

Hi
I have the same card and also had the same issue.

1st: you can use only a vga monitor. Too bad I didnt knew it cause I've bought an hdmi cable just for that....

2nd: try using -F bootflag (optional -v, but it only really matters if you couldn't get past it only on -F)

3rd: Try using only the integrated graphics (you may have to remove your 430)

Good Luck! :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back