i7-8700K
Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Intel Core i7-8700K @ 3.70 Ghz
2x16GB G. Skill Ripjaws DDR4-3200 Mhz
ASrock Z370 Pro4
4GB MSI NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1080 Ti
4TB Seagate HDD (For backup and low usage games)
250GB SATA Toshiba SSD (Windows)
500GB M.2 Samsung 970 EVO (For MAC)

So I've mostly followed the instructions from this thread:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...VZcRaVjaDDODzxbaS0EZNOlVxK4iXY5bcE70Xp7dg2PMU

I created the bootable drive with UniBeast and moved MultiBeast over to the drive. Removed all extra hard drives, placed the drive in a USB 2.0 slot and set my bios settings as shown:

In Advanced / USB Configuration:XHCI Handoff: enabled
In Advanced / Chipset Configuration: Primary Graphics Adapter: PCI Express VT-d: Disabled
In Advanced / Super IO Configuration: Serial Port: Disabled
In Security: Secure Boot: Disabled In Boot: Fast Boot: Disabled
CSM(Compatibility Support Module): Disabled

I've taken these option from a success thread on an older ASrock motherboard as I can't find exact settings for my BIOS

Here is the problem: I get to the clover screen and when I try to 'Boot macOS Install from Install macOS High Sierra' my computer just reboots. I've have also tried some boot options like Safe Mode and others. Does anyone have a clue how I can get this running?

Here is the problem: I get to the clover screen and when I try to 'Boot macOS Install from Install macOS High Sierra' my computer just reboots.
Boot your system in Verbose Mode and post a picture of your screen when it freezes/hangs.
At Clover Boot Screen press space bar and select Verbose (-v) and Don't reboot on panic (debug=0x100).

Boot your system in Verbose Mode and post a picture of your screen when it freezes/hangs.
At Clover Boot Screen press space bar and select Verbose (-v) and Don't reboot on panic (debug=0x100).

Thanks for the speedy reply! Here is what I got:
Mac Boot.jpg

If you have a Mac, this may help.
There is another way to approach the initial install. If you have a Mac and a USB HDD drive that is bootablefrom usb port, you can bypass the USB flash drive method.
I found this to be far less troublesome. I do a clean install to the USB HDD, then use Multibeast to install the nesseccary. All this using a Mac. Then put the drive in the build, and it usually works pretty well.

I found this to be far less troublesome. I do a clean install to the USB HDD, then use Multibeast to install the nesseccary. All this using a Mac. Then put the drive in the build, and it usually works pretty well.

It's much safer to perform the install on your Hackintosh hardware instead. That's why the guides are written that way.
Sometimes you'll avoid problems using a real Mac other times it can be a disaster. Read the following threads.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...clover-on-a-real-mac-can-be-dangerous.229629/
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/warning-clover-will-break-your-real-mac-use-with-caution.224933/

I agree with you implicitly. I never said you should start your Mac with the drive. Simply, after setting it up, move it to the build. If you have never used this method, I suggest you try. It is much easier.

I agree with you implicitly. I never said you should start your Mac with the drive. Simply, after setting it up, move it to the build. If you have never used this method, I suggest you try. It is much easier.
It is also easy to make a Unibeast installer on the Mac (which you should keep on hand if boot issues come up). Bypassing the problems encountered when trying to install macOS on your PC hardware only delays solving those issues of booting from the macOS drive in the PC. So your approach only delays when you need to resolve boot problems. With the brand new hardware you have Z390/9900K it is not fully supported yet so their will ultimately be issues to resolve in the boot and post install process. The Unibeast USB installer can be customized to work with your specific hardware, it's just a matter of finding the info you need to do that. It's there in many of the Z390 threads that have been written.

I never said you should start your Mac with the drive.
That's not the only way to create boot problems with the real Mac being used. See Post #10

Last edited:
Fair enough. I do make USB installers, but if I can't boot, I always use this work around. We do need to inovate and think out of the box sometimes. Sorry to bother you.

Fair enough. I do make USB installers, but if I can't boot, I always use this work around. We do need to inovate and think out of the box sometimes. Sorry to bother you.
It's no bother, I just want to help people avoid bricking their real Mac using this approach. When running Multibeast on the real Mac, anyone without experience could easily install Clover to the EFI partition on that Mac hard drive and then lose the ability to boot that Mac again. I know, you would never do that but it's possible someone else could. If they do that by mistake you'd have some people really upset with your advice that they probably shouldn't have followed. If you're familiar with Murphy's Law it's in effect (doubly so) for first timers (newbies). We'd prefer them to follow the standard High Sierra or Mojave install guide so they have Zero chance of this ever happening.

If anyone wants to try that approach of installing via a real Mac -- Once you have the installation on the new drive complete it is better to go ahead and transfer it to the PC build and use either a UniBeast USB or just a Clover recovery boot USB to boot the build so you can complete the installation of Clover and any kexts needed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back